• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Timeline disappeared!

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was just editing, I pressed some key and my timeline disappeared! Not the timeline window itself but the actual sequence. To make matters worse I can't find the sequence in my project to reopen it!

Help is much appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

double click.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jenny - this is a totally fantastic tip.  I thought I had lost 5 days of work and it reappeared - even after I had committed the cardinal sin of closing the programme.  Massive, and I mean massive, relief so thank you!  First time I have ever gone into a community forum and this is the reason why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I almost had a heart attack and died. You really saved my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you, you saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using Premier Pro 2021 and your suggestion just saved my almost complete 8 1/2 hour timeline!! Thank you so much for posting this solution, in fact, I can't thank you enough! Peace and Love to you my fellow member of humanity ✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes no sense but it worked beautifully. Can anyone tell us what is going on? Why did my timeline turn up blank but when i clcik on the sequence in the list it all shows up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WD,

Sorry. You probably accidentally closed the sequence, but you weren't aware you did just that. You can open a sequence anytime in the Project panel. Now you know! 

Regard,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANKS YOU RESCUED ME OUT OF THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible you have multiple project files open at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is possible with the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, that might be why the sequence would have seemingly disappeared from the bin, if multiple project bins were open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this multiple projects open quite confusing.

Tend to avoid have more then one open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so as of today... my timeline will not show upon opening file. it's there - just doesn't show. then i click on something and boom it's back. also when i move the play head - video scrubs but the play head visibly does not move until i hit play (space).

i reinstalled premiere twice but no luck.

win 10 64 1903

hp zbook 17 g5

16gb ram

p5200 16gb ram

xeon 32 core 3.4GHz

any thoughts? thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to give Premiere a chance to properly open before doing anything with the mouse.

If it is still acting weird

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

RAM is a bit on the lean side. 32 is ok, 64 is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls I don't know what is going on with my Adobe premiere pro cc7.0.0 I just instilled it but I didn't see my timeline, is showing me timeline( no sequence 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make a sequence first in order to use the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite a little confusing and scary quirk to new users of the software! When you first open the project you can get a blank sequence. I found I had to go into my project (project window) and search for seq (sequences) and I found it there. Thankfully, as I spent a good while editing!!

As I can see I am not the only one, I am quite shocked that the thread dates back three years! We are not all idiots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before starting a real project you might want hit the LEARN button on the Home page within Premiere first.

Will save you a lot of frustration and disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, @Ann Bens is very much right. I guess this is deeper meaning behind: Sell more trainings.
It is hard to convince co-workers to use Adobe if this continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidnetally closed my timeline and I figured out to get it back is to go to Window - Workspace - All Panals. That solved my problem without an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Window > Timeline. Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. What I eventually figured out was that I used an image to start the process, IMG 097, which by default ended up as the project name, which of course made no sense. (and it was buried in a folder)

I went to click on a nested segment while editing but lost my main timeline because it was the file name, not the project name, which I failed to change when starting the project.

I found it after looking at a backup version (always back up/version your pojects!)

I hope this made sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,
Unfortunately this trick doenst work in my case.
No timeline visible and no idea how to restore this.

Any ideas?

Thx.

P.S: I am sure this is a smart function. But what is the sense behind??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines