• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I split a multi channel video to three different screens?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm almost done shooting one of my video works and it's the first time I'm doing a three channel video piece for an exhibition. My plan is to have the 1st (left) video be put on a projector and the 2nd(middle) and 3rd(right) videos be shown on screens. I was hoping some of you could give a hand by telling me if i can use a software to direct which video goes where from a laptop or would I require some hardware that does exactly that. The videos need to be in perfect sync and for editing i found somewhere in here a post about how to do that in PremierePro.

Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vyr:

Do you need to come up with the presenation system/hardware yourself or are you delivering three video files for an existing presentation system?

If you're coming up with the presentation system/hardware yourself, there's a lot to look into from VJ (video disc-jokey) software for multiscreen, to video wall controllers, to projections systems.  Super low-budget is to have three DVD players or MP4 media players that are triggered at the same time with the same remote control.  A modest budget should allow for driving the presentation from a video wall controller or digital signage system.  A better budget should allow for driving the presentation with VJ software and a mutli-display computer.  A very good budget will allow for using a high-end projection system for live performances.

If taking the VJ route, this articele may be a good starting point: https://articles.triplewidemedia.com/top-6-vj-software-for-multiscreen-video/

If you're delivering three video files for an existing presentation system, you just need to match the delivery specifications for that hardware.  It's probably H264 video, but could be HAP video or maybe even ProRes, with each video clip playing in sync from 1st frame to last frame.

For multi-screen work, you may want to work After Effects into your workflow - especially if any picture contect is going to cross screens.

- Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Warren, for all the information.

The gallery where this work will be shown has a 4k hdmi video splitter switch with one IN port and 5 OUT ports. 

I was looking for a software that will alow me to send/play three different videos simultaneously on the projector and screens.

The idea with the three mp4 media players is super neat and I'm really rooting for it but because the gallery space is kinda big and the three videos will not be that close to eachother I don't think the remote control trigger would work. Plus I have no idea how to make three of those start by using one remote.

I did lots of single channel works that were exhibited and in those cases an USB stick was everything i needed but having three videos that need to be in perfect sync is my biggest challenge so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines