• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I download videos to a flash drive

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm pretty new to editing. Got the basics figured out for editing Premier Pro. Then the Adobe update, I had to update my computer to windows 10. Before the update and windows 10 update, I could download the videos I edited onto a flash drive. Now I can't, all I wanna do with these videos is YouTube, Facebook, thumb or flash drives to be able to take them places to them show. What Settings should I use to be able to download to flash drives and still have quality video for YouTube or Facebook? Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve Dempsey

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I should say when I try to download to a flash drive it says the video is too large, and it's nowhere near the size of the flash drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your flash drive is formatted NTFS, not FAT32 which has a 4Gig limit per file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ExFAT will also do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this something that changed with the new Adobe update going to windows 10? Because these flash drives work for me before that update. And I'm not real sure how to format the flash drive. Kind of a rookie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. FAT32 has ALWAYS had a file size limit of around 3.99 GB per file regardless of the size of the volume that it's formatted with. And most flash pen drives are formatted with FAT32 by default. You will need to reformat the drive as exFAT or NTFS in order to transfer any file that's larger than 3.99 GB to that drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" I'm not real sure how to format the flash drive"

Keep in mind that formatting the drive will erase all data on the drive.

Have a look here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+format+a+flash+drive+to+ntfs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what size and how much free space is on your internal hard drive(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines