• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i seek by a single frame instead of going to the beginning and end of sequence?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i seek by a single frame instead of going to the beginning and end of sequence?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i'm trying to export a video and I try to seek a frame, the marker just jumps to the beginning or end of the sequence? Any idea how to seek by frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't changed the default keyboard shortcuts, the left/right arrow keys will move the playhead frame-by-frame.

For playback, the J, K and L keys will let you play the timeline backward, pause, and forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its when i'm exporting a video, when I try to seek frames to divide the sequence into different videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you mean the timeline in the Export dialog box as shown below? I don’t know if there are any frame-by-frame keyboard shortcuts for that time controller, I haven’t heard of any.

Premiere Pro Export time navigator.png

@tyler5C1C wrote:

when I try to seek frames to divide the sequence into different videos.

That would definitely be a tedious thing to do in the Export dialog box. Is there a reason you don’t divide it up before exporting? Is it because the timeline is complicated? If so, the way I do it is to take that complex edit sequence and create a new sequence from that (a nested sequence). The new sequence contains as a single solid clip (nondestructively referencing the more complex original timeline), so at that point it’s easy and fast to cut that up and then export each of those. This method also keeps a record of how you cut it up, in case you have to go back to make a change and export the pieces again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question is not clear. As Jeff the Left and Right arrow move you frame by frame.

If you are talking about entering a time code number, click on the timecode display and you can enter a number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines