• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you set clips to frame by width rather than height? In need of "Scale full frame with crop."

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a short film that was shot in 4:3 (at 5552x4162) but framed for 1.85. I have made a timeline at my desired resolution (1998x1080), but I do not know the best way to scale and crop the footage to properly fit the timeline.

If I use the "Set to Frame Size" or "Scale to Frame Size" options, it will give me the full 4:3 image with black bars on the left and right, which is NOT what we intended. I want the image scaled down so that its width is 1998 while leaving the top and bottom parts out of the image, as it was framed while filming.

I know how to manually scale clips to do this, but that would be very inefficient to do for every single clip. Is there a way to automatically fit the clips by width rather than height?

I know that this is possible within DaVinci Resolve (Go to Project Settings - Image Scaling - Input Scaling - Mismatched resolution files - Scale full frame with crop), so I hope there is a similar feature in premiere there's something I'm just missing.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Put your clips on the sequence. Set the first clip to the scale needed.

Ctrl/Cmd-C to Copy.

With the cursor over the second clip, tap the A key for "track select forward" selecting all clips under and to the right of the cursor.

Right-click, Paste Attributes ... select the Motion option.

Done.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines