• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the overall sound volume in the program

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I loaded a list of files as background music in the project's file navigation window. In the "Source" window, I open the desired music track to inspect it. But it's too loud, since my OS Windows volume is 100% - I adjust it on the headphones.

Can you please tell me how to change the volume level inside Premiere? I'm not talking about the volume level of audio tracks on the timeline, which is indicated for this track. I'm talking about the overall volume level of the program itself, which plays sound to me through the audio output to the playback tools (in my case, these are headphones).

Otherwise, as a workaround, I have to change the volume level in the system mixer, which is extremely inconvenient, because it needs to be constantly changed. And in the end, I can simply forget about him to return to his original position.

TOPICS
Audio , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot change the volume level inside Premiere.

You should set windows volume to an acceptable level and not to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I change the volume with the media keys on my keyboard. Increase volume/decrease volume/mute volume.

So if your keyboard has media keys, use them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mapped my mouse center scroll button tilt left and right to decrease and increase volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your answers, but those are the same workarounds as the mixer. Apparently not this time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wanted actual answers, you got them. Working answers, not wishes. Which we all have, of course.

I have a keyboard with 'volume' adjustment keys, and depending on what is playing from a media player to YouTube to a livestream on whatever service to an app like Pr, I'm constantly adjusting the volume of the system. It's ... well, how real life computing works.

For audio on a timeline, I set levels not by sound, but by the meters during playback ... as that's how professional audio is handled. According to the meters.

And I set the system for whatever is comfortable for me to hear the current audio.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate your answers, but those are the same workarounds as the mixer. Apparently not this time...

By @ThIsLinked

The answer is still NO. You cannot change the volume within Premiere.

And probably never will.

But you can post your request here:

Premiere Pro: Hot (13069 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines