• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a template so each new video clip can be dropped in to replace the previous video

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got my intial sequence for a daily video set up exactly how I want it; logos, titles, music with a thumbnail (a still taken from the beginning of the clip) all dissolving into the start of the clip. And then all the same disolving in and out at the end of the sequence. Each day I want to have everything the same but just replace the thumbnail/video clip with new ones.  Not sure how to replace them without messing up the rest of it. 

Also, sometimes the thumbnail/video clips are shot on green screen, so in those cases I also have a background. The background, under the green screen clip splits the audio away and then I run into problems when I try to drop the new video on to replace the old video.  Everything seems to get screwed up. 

Am I supposed to do a separate sequence for the greenscreen/backround layer and then drop that in as one whole clip into the sequence with my "template."  If so, I could use some tips on that as well.  It seems like a lot of extra steps.  

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can perform Replace Edit (replace a clip on a timeline with another one) by dropping a new clip on to pof existing one holding Alt key down.

You can turn your sequence into a "master" sequence and then just keep dropping different clips on top of existing ones.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  If my clips are slighly different durations is there a way to make the other contents at the end of the clip snap to the new clip so that they all end at the same time?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of ways to do this. One I've seen that seemed slick was simply save the intro & outro together on a sequence with a small blank space between them. Dupe and rename the sequence, add the day's content to it, and Bob's your uncle.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee,

We appreciate you writing in. We hope the suggestions given by the experts helped you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines