• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable Cuda or uninstaller MAC?

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was searching through these forums earlier today and remembered the horrible Cuda experience I had in the past. I have used OpenCL since and been happy with it. However, I downloaded divinci resolve trial and put the cuda driver on my macbook again. I figured since it's on there I will try it in Premiere Pro. It has been a long time since I've tried it.

I tried it, I got glitch's everywhere, just like a year ago. I understand how to run a project without it but does that turn it off for good unless I click to use it again or do I need to uninstall? If I need to uninstall, I can see no way to do that. In system preferences there is a Cuda updater but it only lets me update to the latest version, which I tried. No option to uninstall.

I noticed while media encoder was running on Cuda and I was working in Premiere in Cuda glitch's were going everywhere. On OpenCL I can have media encoder going and work in premier at the same time, both on openCL and there has never been a glitch.

The glitchs are NOT as bad as they were last year when I tried it.

I made sure to do a time machine backup before I updated it and tried it. Am I gonna have to restore my whole machine or can someone help me uninstall it or inform me if I don't use it will it ever bring up a glitch again? Keep in mind, the glitches are not just in Premiere Pro, when Cuda is on, even Safari has glitches all over it. Not as bad as before like I said but bad enough that I don't want that happening. Now, if it's supposed to do that, thats another story but it's not supposed to do that correct? Is Cuda not able to run media encoder and premier pro at the same time where as Open CL can run them both at the same time?

I have a powerful mac, that doesn't seem to be the issue. The video card, I don't know much about but I know it has 2GB of ram for the GPU. I also know I can edit 4k footage with no dropped frames. So I don't think the glitches are coming from me running it too hard.

So, to sum up, how to uninstall, or make it where it doesn't work unless I tell it to, meaning disabling and enabling it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Hi Tommy,

Here is how you can remove CUDA.

Delete the following folders/files:

/Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist

/Library/PreferencePanes/CUDA/Preferences.prefPane

/System/Library/StartupItems/CUDA/

/System/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext

If you installed the tookits and samples, delete the following also:

/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-5.0

/usr/local/cuda

/frameworks

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tommy,

Here is how you can remove CUDA.

Delete the following folders/files:

/Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist

/Library/PreferencePanes/CUDA/Preferences.prefPane

/System/Library/StartupItems/CUDA/

/System/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext

If you installed the tookits and samples, delete the following also:

/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-5.0

/usr/local/cuda

/frameworks

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was very helpful, this seems to happen to me once a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines