Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable VR apps (Oculus, Steam, GoPro) to launch automatically

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently bought a Oculus Rift and installed programs like SteamVR, the Oculus app and GoPro VR player.

When I now open a Premiere CC project, they start automatically and claim all the resources from the graphics card.

- I already disabled autostart for those apps.

- The Rift is not connected to the PC, nor are the sensors.

- graphics card Nvidea geforce gtx970

Everytime the 'Monitor' pane starts, all those apps start automatically.

Any an idea how to disable this?

Premiere is now totally sluggish and I can hardly work anymore.

Any thoughts are welcome, Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Have you checked if you don't have any of those activated in the playback menu? You can also check if you have any plugin installed the Premier Pro folder. That might cause the autostart for those programs.1000px-Autopano_Video_Pro-_-AdobePlugin-_-Activation.png !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked if you don't have any of those activated in the playback menu? You can also check if you have any plugin installed the Premier Pro folder. That might cause the autostart for those programs.1000px-Autopano_Video_Pro-_-AdobePlugin-_-Activation.png !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That really helped. I was totally not aware that VR devices were put in Premiere CC display settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have to stop the Oculus service from running.

You can do this by clicking Start, typing services and then disabling the Oculus services in the list.

Alternatively, you can use a batch file to automate this process:

http://mushroomtomatoes.com/2016/04/how-to-stop-oculus-home-from-auto-starting-stop-riftcamera-from-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I disabled the service from automatically starting. Helped too! The article you mentioned was also good to know (Rift ovwerheating due to running service).

Thanks everyone. One happy editor again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I’ve turned off the GoPro box on the playback screen. That helps.

Does anyone one know how to completely remove it on a Mac so I don’t have to do this? I can’t find “GoPro” files anywhere on my system.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines