• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get lost bins back

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. So I created and organized a lot of bins and sequences before editing my project that I have to complete for my winter class. Once I was done organizing all of my clips into several bins I was finally ready to edit. I started by creating a title page by going into titles and graphics mode. Once I created the title page I exited out of that mode and all of my bins and clips are gone. It took me so much time to organize all of my bins and clips and I only have a week left to finish this massive project. I was wondering if there is a way to get all of my bins and organized clips back. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with computers in my business since what, about 1986? I've have every possible type of computer mess happen. Never, ever, EVER assume that computer is saving anything. 

Make sure the auto-save function is set. It is by default, and ... checking your Project settings, it will show where that is. You might have your project in an auto-save version with that work still there.

But always ... while working ... every time you do anything 'major' like an organization thing, redo a sequence, do some color or audio work ... just get in the habit of tapping Ctrl/CMD-S to manually save that file with the new work.

Probably at least daily, do an iterative "Save-AS" to say Project03 ... next day is Project04 ... and always, after doing the iterative, open and continue from that project.

Also ... Save a Copy to a different drive or system! Every day.

Follow the above, you won't lose much ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you open  the Project panel, there are no bins inside?

Are you in Icon view and on the top level inside the Project panel?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my bins and sequences are gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot project window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exacty, as Ann mentioned, post screenshots showing no bins in your Timeline

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually was able to get some of my bins back but the others are still gone. I'm unsure how to take a screenshot from my mac and send it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was eventually able to get all of my bins back but they keep disappearing and reappearing again so I'm really confused. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find an auto save or use a back up file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my settings and my project was on auto save the whole time so I'm confused as to why my bins are still gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines