• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get PP desktop icon and how to open old projects?

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the most recent update I am having to open the Creative Cloud app then click open to open PP. There used to be a desktop icon, is it just me or has it disappeared? Please let me know how to create one if it is just me.

Also I know this is not a new thing, but isn't there a way I can double click on old projects to open them? For such an expensive product it seems crazy that such functionality is beyond the programmers. I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to implement, so maybe a short explanation would at least make me feel less frustrated about it. I do know that if I open PP then I can open them by browsing for the old project.

Thanks in advance.

ps. guys the moon is the closest it has been to the earth in a very long time. Tonight and the next couple of nights it will be at it's brightest and ideal for taking a photo or video. It looks amazing at the moment and tomorrow should be better (fingers crossed no clouds)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Send a shortcut of the PP to desktop

- Right click on the project > open with...> Browse > select Adobe Premiere > Check "always use this app to open .prproj files"

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send a shortcut of the PP to desktop

- Right click on the project > open with...> Browse > select Adobe Premiere > Check "always use this app to open .prproj files"

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you muhannad_alani - a perfect response. Both work like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines