• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move heavily edited clips on the timeline

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a video I have several types of heavily edited clips, some have 3-5 adjusment layers, while others are nested.

Now I need to move these clips into the project. However that's not easy.

With unedited clips I can simply double click the clip and then move my line and then I can drop the clips where my line is, however for clips with adjusmentlayers,  if I try the same technique, then only the clip moves not the adjusement layers with it, I've tried to link them, but that dosn't work.
And with nested clips, if you double click those you just get into the nested thing and you can't move it.
The only way I've found to move these type of clips is is to cold control and drag them, but that's not easy when your video is 25 minutes long and some of the clips are just a few seconds, I have to zoom out on the time line and that makes it almost impossible to use control and drag.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried making Groups?

The other thing for this would be simply nesting each group prior to moving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines