• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to reset the warning dialogs to their default settings?

Participant ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentaly click on "always you this choice" when this "fit clip", "the source is longer than the destination" window appeared, when I wanted to insert the clip from the project panel to timeline using the comma key. I'd appreciate if you could tell me how to reset that

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

Could you go to Edit > Preferences > Timeline (Premiere Pro > Preferences > Timeline on Mac), click on the Reset Fit Clip dialog button, and let us know if that works for you? Depending on your version of Premiere Pro, it can also be a check box named Fit Clip dialog open for edit range mismatches. Let us know if this is what you're looking for.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, Ishan.

thank you for your reply.

for some reason it has different behaviour with different clips. so, for some clips, if they are shorter than the destination, then this "fit clip" dialog will appear; if the clip is longer, however, it is inserted right away, without any warning windows. for other clips, this dialog box appears in any case, either it's longer or shorter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you marked In and Out points in all of these sequences? If you have defined the range, selected the Reset Fit Clip option, and still see the issue, please try resetting your preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines