• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save Premiere Pro Project in Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually work the project on my laptop at home, but these day I hope I'm able to work on my office computer when I have free time during workday. 
    So is there any way that I can save the project file in the creative cloud and then open the file up in another computer with creative cloud? And do I also need to backup all my video files I have used in the project?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 10.30.19 AM.pngYou can also set the Auto Save preference to save a copy of the project file in your Creative Cloud folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving anything to your Creative Cloud folder is just like using Dropbox, OneDrive, or other type of cloud file storage service. In your user folder (both on Windows and macOS) there is a folder called "Creative Cloud Files." You can put your entire project folder in there and it will sync with another machine that you're logged into the Creative Cloud Desktop application with the same Adobe ID.

And yes, you need all assets you're using on one machine to be on the other. One way to keep things simple is to have a duplicate of your project structure on both machines, then just sync your .pproj file back and forth. This will only work if you're not adding any new assets to your project or changing the folder structure on your disk. If you have enough Creative Cloud storage for this project then you can leave the entire project folder in your Creative Cloud folder and work from there on both machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'd like to duplicate my asset file such as video on both machine, do I need to set the file path in the same place where it was in the first machine? Or I don't have to do this step which Premiere Pro could find the file itself in the new machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have all of your assets in the same folder structure and you move that entire folder, Premiere should detect the assets again on a new machine.

My project folder structure looks something like this. When I move the entire top-level folder, everything relinks with no issue, regardless of the machine. And if you do have to relink, you should only have to relink one clip and Premiere will find the rest since the location relative to the project file is the same.

• Project Name
    • Assets
      • Audio
      • Fonts
      • Graphics
      • Notes
      • Video
    • Encodes
      • Master
      • H.264
    • Project Files
      • After Effects
      • Audition
      • Character Animator
      • Cinema 4D
      • Premiere Pro
        • Premiere Project File

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 10.30.19 AM.pngYou can also set the Auto Save preference to save a copy of the project file in your Creative Cloud folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan  

How are you?

We have multiple users in our office and some of us are able to click the "Save backup project to Creative Cloud" and for others it is greyed out. Do you know why it might be greyed out for some?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Odobe,

Do you know why it might be greyed out for some?

I'm not sure. Let me try to find out. It still might be available in the interface, but saving to Creative Cloud was shut down on Feb. 1 unless you're a Teams or Enterprise (or Educational) user. Are you on Teams or Enterprise? Please let me know. Sorry for the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan 

No problem thank you for the help. I can see that if the user has "save backup project to the creative  cloud" at one seat and logs in on another seat the option is greyed out - is this about sharing users across seats - is an Enterprise or teams licence the way to have all users have the option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, I have an Enteprise user with two devices linked and on both the "Save backup project to Creative Cloud" is grayed out. is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines