• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to turn off effect scrolling in Effect Controls

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this decidedly irritating problem where when I am editing in the Effect controls, if I scroll to far it will automatically select the next clip, layer, etc. Very annoying when I am trying to place a keypoint down at the end of a title or in the middle of a clip, especially when it takes me to the end of the video when I was working Halfway through. Anyone know how to turn this feature off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Click the "hamburger" (menu icon) in the Effects Control Panel and select "Pin to clip."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what I do is zoom in really a lot so I see the timeline clip really BIG … and then I typically add keyframes that are supposed to be at the very beginning or end of a clip a tiny bit inside that clip border to next clip.. then I put mouse over the keyframe and move it to the very end or beginning...of that clip... just to avoid what you are experiencing.

If keyframing very fine stuff ( like say a manual dip to black or something like that) I will make a keyframe and use my arrow keys to move a frame or two over and then add the other keyframe... and THEN go back and move those exactly where I want ( one to end of clip and the other a few frames over ) . kinda hard to explain but you gotta zoom in and put stuff close and then fine tune it.

plus then you can go in and adjust ease in and ease out settings, etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think up and down arrow keys still go right to the clip parts ??? I only have old cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have to do right now, but its definitely more than I want to and should have to do. I am definitely taking Kevin's suggestion of asking Adobe to provide an option to keep the effect controls from changing over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the "hamburger" (menu icon) in the Effects Control Panel and select "Pin to clip."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sheesh, Peru, that was easy solution … hehe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesnt fix it, the answer is at the bottom of the comments..."the solution is under Sequence and then uncheck Selection Follows Playhead."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenny,

I've always found this as very buggy behavior, as well. Let the product team know about this here: Premiere Pro: Hot (5440 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will definitely do so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a request that is under review in the Premiere Pro: Hot Ideas. Its got 350 votes already. I would suggest if you are having this problem going there (Link is in Kevin's comment) and voting for it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAK YOU!!! When the hell did they start making that the default? HORRIBLE!!! I can't believe how igonorant a company that big, with that many users would decide to change something like that after all these years. if they didn't change it, shame for not testing better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i spoke too soon. still jumps to the other clips when you click and drag across the timeline in the effect control panel. WTH?!?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is there no option to delete or edit our comments? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the solution is under Sequence and then uncheck Selection Follows Playhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks mate!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines