• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HSL Secondary Color Effect completely changed after opening project 12 hours later.

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing on Premier 2022 on a 15" MPB 2018. I applied a series of HSL Adjustments on some clips across an entire short film. There are two video linked below. 

Video 1:Exported out of the SAME UNEDITED PROJECT THIS MORNING

Video 2: Exported last night.

I even put them side by side for a comparison of how wrong the color is.

I've made no adjustments to the footage and I even reverted back to an older version of the project to make sure I didn't chagne something by accident, but even the old project now looks like the second video. The color has looked fine through 5 versions of exports, but now it's as if Premier Pro is arbitrartily reintepreting the application of my HSL adjustments.

Ridiculous that we continue to pay adobe for a software that slows our workflow down to a grinding halt when a feature that has existed for years decides to just not perform correctly. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For additional context. Just opened up an Autosave from about a week ago and the color has changed in that too. This is obviously an issue on the adobe side. I'm at a very real risk of not being able to submit to a festival because of this issue as I can't do anything about it since the effects haven't been edited at all. I've been a CC user for 10+ years now but I think its finally time to cancel my subcription and move on to Davinci. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure which Pr version you're in? It looks like you've might have HLG footage that was being 'interpreted' by Premiere as SDR/Rec.709 before, and is now being shown as HLG.

If so, you need to go to the clips in the bin, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, and set the Override-to option to Rec.709. Then make sure your sequence CM is set to Rec.709 in the Sequence settings dialog, and use the standard SDR presets for export.

So check the clips Properties ... are they HLG for color space, or a log-encoded clip that Premiere is displaying as HLG?

nEIL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines