• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't click anything in my timeline/work bar

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me, my premiere pro was doing just fine. Suddenly I can't click/drag/move anything in the timeline/work bar, I can't alt + drag to copy, I can't do anything. It's like lagging but it's not. But I can still play the video just fine.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my essential graphics bar can't open too I need help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue with nested audio: delete or disable Show Audio Waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this problem too. Even I restarted the program it is not solve anything. But after I deleted the video one by one it back to work! Maybe one of the videos that you imported is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. It comeback to have a problem again with another video. My comment is not the solution. I want a solution too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start by telling us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this an earlier project you updated? Does the same thing happen in a new project? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a similar problem too. It randomly startet yesterday. After about 10 seconds of editing in the Timeline, my Timeline window was frozen. I just couldnt click anything. All the other Premiere window where working all fine. 

My quick workaround (been in a hurry) was just to select another window (so you see the blue frame around it), for example the Playback Window with a click on it, and then select the Timeline window again. But the fix only lasts 10-20 seconds. Then you have to reselect another window. As the video was nearly done, it worked for me doing this.

Today it reoccured. I found this thread and tryed disabling "Show Audio Waveform." Didnt work for me...

But i found out the Problem doesnt occure when editing on a single monitor, instead of having premiere running on two monitors.  Indeed unsatisfying when you could have more space, but thats the only workaround i found so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So apparently after reseting my workspace to a default workspace layout from premiere pro (effects in my case) and then switching back to my dual monitor custom workspace, it works again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your solution.  Not enough people do that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the Solutions in this Article Fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having this same issue all day. I couldn't select my timeline at all. Resetting to the default workspace layout fixed the issue for me as well. Thank you so much for posting this here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info.  Yes this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue, but what spurred it wasn't the nested audio. The timeline froze when I imported graphics into the project or created a matte layer, and only when I deleted the layers or graphics did the timeline work like it should. And it didn't seem to matter which graphics I used. I restarted the program, uninstalled and reinstalled it, turned on and off the "show audio waveform" option to no avail. Only when I reset the workspace did everything work again. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, the answer is resetting your workspace to a default workspace (such as 'Editing') on your primary monitor - and then re-building out your custom workspace from scratch (dragging panels and such over to you other monitor/s if you wish). Then when you save this new layout as a 'New Workspace' - the problem is gone! 

We noticed it when swapping the placement of our monitors (from left of the laptop screen to right of the laptop screen). It seems simply re-arranging a current workspace (by dragging the windows over to the right in our case and hitting "Save Changes to this Workspace") doesn't end well and results in the above issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please guide me with how do i make my timeline unfrozen, all other windows working, play is working.. but cant drag or zoom in or out or even click on my timeline.. in one particular project.... i dont knw how to reset the workspace 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and source properties and sequence settings.   If you need help with figuring out where to find this info, post back.  Attached is a screen grab on where the reset workspace...   Guessing you don't have much experience with Premiere.  You might consider doing a comprehensive set of tutorials on Premiere such as you can find on Linkedin Learning

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/?trk=nav_neptune_learning&. There may be a free trial... but certainly worth it for a month or 2...

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 2.32.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines