I can't find the premiere pro project file

Participant ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the original files from the camera but i can't find my edited Premiere Pro project file. I looked for everywhere including Premiere pro auto save and preview files. Also went down to Media browser and search and put one of the words in it that's part of the project file name but i assume it only looks for the main folders i've already went through. I know i have it somewhere. Help ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Do a explorer/finder search.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

In Premiere, bring up the Export dialog and click on the blue highlighted file name. It will open the OS file system for your OS. Finder in Macs, Explorer in PCs.

It defaults to the last location it used.

Look there.

Neil

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a explorer/finder search.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you mean at the right upper hand corner of the media browser window at the left bottom of the screen ? It seems that premiere pro saves the project files in different random places just to complicate things or something ? I assume by default the auto save files are not deleted ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

julianm44443758  wrote

It seems that premiere pro saves the project files in different random places just to complicate things or something ?

No it does not. You tell Premiere were to store the project when creating it. Default is C:/Documents.

I meant a search with explorer when on Windows, on a mac there is Finder.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where the specific finder search is, i just see one in the lower left window panel.... I couldnt find my premiere pro file yet , btw every time after updating Premiere Pro are the autofiles or files saved in some other place etc. ?   and regarding the place where premiere pro saves files by default, as a feedback to the tech guys, I would assume saving under video files would make much more sense.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw every time after updating Premiere Pro are the autofiles or files saved in some other place etc.

No

regarding the place where premiere pro saves files by default, as a feedback to the tech guys, I would assume saving under video files would make much more sense.

No.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not providing any help by just saying "no".

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Omg thank you for saying where the default is! I just found all of mine that I usually get to by the 'recent projects' feature but the one I needed had dropped off the bottom. At least I know now and can save them all properly

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can’t find some files, either.  They were saved as mp4 and QuickTime to a file. They are not there. We found a Premiere Pro file , but it will not open.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere, bring up the Export dialog and click on the blue highlighted file name. It will open the OS file system for your OS. Finder in Macs, Explorer in PCs.

It defaults to the last location it used.

Look there.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines