Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot open a .Mov on Premiere

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I've been have this issue for weeks and was looking up a solution on YouTube. (I haw a PC windows 10) 

A Few weeks ago, I bought and Dowloaded Adobe primere so I can edit this film. I kept getting this pop up. 

Jenniffer5E2D_0-1631478504612.png

We were unable to open the file on disk. 

Went on youtube and the tutorial videos told me to download 2 Apps

1.  Graphic Tool
  2.  Media Feature Pack

So I already download the Graphics tool

Jenniffer5E2D_1-1631479239265.png

Had to go to Windows to download the Media Feature Pack.

I download the 64 bit and 32 bit. Did the 64 bit first, but when I tried to install it (and the 32 bit) I keep getting this pop-up

Jenniffer5E2D_3-1631479550458.png

Jenniffer5E2D_2-1631479411183.png

I am in need of a better solution. Could adobe please help? I never had this problem before. Thansk

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to install the 32 bit version (x86) on a 64bit Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOV is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the program below
Free program to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view
- post your information IN your message, not as an attachment that someone would have to download

My Canon SX510 creates MOV files which I open... and I have Win10

I do NOT have Quicktime installed, but I did install the VLC player, which I am told also installs several playback codecs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jenniffer,

Sorry for the hassle.

A Few weeks ago, I bought and Dowloaded Adobe primere so I can edit this film. I kept getting this pop up. 

I am in need of a better solution. Could adobe please help? I never had this problem before. Thansk

Sounds weird as you cannot "buy" Premiere Pro or "download it." You must first download the Creative Cloud application, subscribe to the application of choice or the entire package. Then, you can download and install the application.

Went on youtube and the tutorial videos told me to download 2 Apps

Please link us to these videos so we can see what went wrong. Hope we can help. In general, you should have zero problems importing a standard ProRes file. The exception is if the ProRes file is more than four years old, then it might need to be transcoded before importing because of a 32 bit QuickTime element (QuickTime file structure has been rebuilt since then to 64 bit). Could that be the case?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines