• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have to render again everytime i reopen Premiere Pro 2017, why ? solution ?

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bar above the clips is yellow again after reopening although before saving last time the bar was all green after rendering. Happens everytime i reopen premiere pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need to render?

Red, yellow, and green render bars and what they mean « Premiere Pro work area

(I do not have a solution for lost render files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off course I need to render otherwise the footage is choppy when the bar is yellow even at 1/4 of a resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it choppy because of effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, there are really no effects. its 4k compressed, not raw, and i have 16 gb ram etc, i thought usually with yellow bar it is choppy, that's why people render , right ?   If Premiere Pro is the flagship I would think there is a solution to this and to other bugs they have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Instead of creating previews, I recommend using the Proxy process.  You should notice a significant improvement in responsiveness.  Stick to the included GoPro Cineform presets.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim's advice is spot-on. Using the long-GOP heavily compressed media of most DSLR's is a right b-tard on hardware when you have the needs of an NLE for cutting/selecting bits of media here & there. Nothing to do with PrPro being "bad", it's the nature of the media. The spendy high-end rigs that colorists use don't even handle 4k long-GOP well. In anything.

The ProRes and other intraframe media in 8k normally plays back in an NLE easier than 4k long-GOP H.264 or mov.

And as to the yellow bar, even on my desktop editing rig, I rarely have green above my sequences ... and even with 'full' media in say 1080 with some grading & cutting, I rarely have a dropped frame even though the whole sequence is covered with a yellow bar.

That's a warning of possible dropped frames.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming to these forums can be frustrating. I've read thru these answers and found nothing that could help this person. Nothing.

The question asks, 'why do I have to re-reender an already rendered timeline each time I re-open a project?' [I'm noticing the same thing, BTW. This didn't used to happen, which is par for PP.] No one had a straight answer. Just ridiculously complicated stipulations and 'work-arounds'. I HATE work-arounds. The program should just work.

Adobe pushes their many problems off on the end user - like it's something WE did wrong. Then quietly - behind the scenes - the problem magically disappears and the program returns to normal functioning. I repeat, this green line back to red didn't happen before. Once green always green. There's a fly in the pudding.

I read, Adobe is coming on board with Blender. Honest to Darwin, my first reaction was oh no, please don't.

Hi, we're Adobe and we've come to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, this is an 'ancient' thread ...

Next this issue it can be one of several things. Including making changes to something that affects that bit of timeline that doesn't seem like it should. Or the locations of the various temp and cache files, and how the computer is regulating them separately from PrPro. And probably a dozen other things.

Yea, it can be frustrating.

Of course, a lot of people don't understand the difference between rendering ... which only creates a 'preview' that is used as long as nothing changes to the clip/sequence, and render & replace, which creates a completely new clip with the effects 'baked in'. I do a lot more R&R than I do renders these days.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jones1351:

Sorry to hear that you're not finding helpful information in the forums.  I've always found it to be a wealth of great information.

Something to know about the Green Line is that it can only stay green as long as the project link to the rendered video files is maintained.  Organizing your work such that project links remain is a best practice, not a workaround.  It's important to know what and where the "Adobe Premiere Pro Video Previews" folder is and more importantly, the folder with the same name as the Premiere Pro project file that ends with ".PRV".

If you read through this thread, you should see that that issue was solved for the original poster who then asked other questions about how long it takes to copy and import files.

What did you hear about "Adobe coming on board Blender"?  I suspect that you meant Adobe Substance.  In general, the forums are more helpful is things are clearly stated.

If you find another resource for assistance with Adobe software, kindly report back on what this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on a brand new workstation with dedicated scratch, cache and OS disks that are huge. Did you ever find a solution?

I read the entire thread and it's not very helpful. I'm an IT guy with 23 plus years experience and I've been editing since 2005 so I know it's not a space / hardware issue. The issue really is Adobe and a recent one because I've been experiencing this in the last four months or so.

Anyone with any idea why this happens with just closing AP and re-opening the project the next day for example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will admit the information in these forums can be confusing sometimes and Premeire Pro can be buggy at times. I would file a bug report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone interested I did a bunch of tests and it comes down to one simple little thing. It ONLY happens when the Adobe Creative Cloud app is opened. I don't have it set to start up with the computer, I always turn it on after but I always turn it on before opening Adobe Premiere. Two days ago I erased all rendered files and then I rebooted and forgot to open the app and wasn't getting the problem anymore. I found it very bizarre and thought the deletion of the files did it.

However today I reboot, go into Premiere Pro, files are still rendered. I then realized I forgot to open the app. As soon as I did, files needed rendering again. Now all fonts are installed locally so it's not the fonts either. I then rendered, rebooted and started the app again and, of course, needed to render again.

When the app is off and files are rendered, it keeps the rendered files. Why is that? Makes no sense and I'm not using anything or even any writing (fonts) that require this app to be opened. And why would it affect rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... that's an interesting find.

Wonder if @mattchristensen has any ideas on what is going on there?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is interested:

In not the last version but the one before of adobe creative cloud, the problem did not occur anymore. Now as of the last update which if I am not mistaken was about two weeks ago, the problem has returned.

And so again, this problem only occurs when Adobe Creative Cloud is open. And as I said somehow it got fixed in the version before and I was not experiencing the issue anymore. Then I updated it about two weeks ago and it started happening again.

Cannot be coincidence as I use my system ONLY for editing and install nothing else on it. Nothing new hardware or software. Simply the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so right.  I read these and one person misanswers then everyone follows them and forgets what the actual question is.  Something just didn't seem right provided that we all save our preview files in the proper place and this is happening, something is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for saying this. I 100% agree. Adobe try to be slick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here and everyone at adobe acts like I'm the only one. Also half the time my gobal effect fx mute does nto work. I know they tech said he never heard of such a thing but I've been living it for many years of different pc's 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't necessarily that "you're the only one" ... but that it isn't very many that have the must-redraw issue. So puzzling out why can at times be a chore. And .... I've never had global fx mute not work, nor heard anyone complaining about it.

So you're twice "blessed" there ... sorry! And having been on the short end of the stick with something that only affects a few users, I have full sympathy.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're sidestepping the problem. You shouldn't have to re-render everytime you open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how I'm 'sidestepping'. As another user, I have of course some experience with the program but not an encylodpedic knowledge of the code.

I do know from talking with the engineers that there are a few things like this, that affect only a very few users ... that are simply blame difficult for them to nail down. What they can't replicate, they can't diagnose, pure and simple.

And some things that plague users causing odd behaviors are interactions with other apps on that user's machine. Such as one major are of issues, sound cards or sound "helper" apps. And their drivers and attempts to control the audio of the ocmputer. Those things can cause an amazing array of unstable behavior.

And another problem can come from gaming "helper" apps, similar to the sound cards/drivers issues. As those apps see video or audio and attempt to "juice" the system for hot performance. And instead, cause something like Premiere to have a stroke.

But some other users may have the same crud on their machine, without difficutly. Why? Don't know.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! I've never seen you sidestep an issue, Neil, you're always thoughtful and give excellent answers. My message somehow didn't get matched with the comment that inspired it (it didn't seem productive to question why they wanted to render the files when the problem is the render files aren't sticking—that was the sidestep and it wasn't from you.)

Thanks for all you do, and being so active on this forum!

gabe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very hard at times with this silly forum layout to tell what follows what, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same question. I have to re-render everytime I open. Does anybody have an actual answer on how to make my renders stay rendered?

Yes I need to render, like Julian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a workstation side issue.  

You need to take a look at your Scratch Disk setting for Video Previews in the Project Settings and choose a location that is always available when the project file is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines