• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Icon view - thumbnails loading extremely slow

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the latest version of premiere. I have my clips in my bin, turn on thumbnail view.  I have to wait a long time for these thumbnails to load.  They don't load in the background, only if I physically scroll down and sit there and wait for them each time.  I then find my clip, go to another folder with my audio, but when I return to my clips folder, the thumb nails are  gone and I start the entire process all over. Losing my mind here!!  Any suggestions please?

And re: additional improvements....  why can't we have thumbnails in LIST view?  This was available already in version 4.2 in the early 2000's!!   

And  why can't the  thumbnails be smaller also?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer to my second and third question...  buried in the menus.

No luck on the slow loading of the thumbs still.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

janvozenilek,

We could use more info about your system, media drives, GPU, and media type.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic Adobe response - defer the issue to the users system. If you look online, this issue of thumbnail caching is a common one. I'm facing this myself - a bin with 100 clips or so that every time I reopen, it has to regenerate the thumbs, wasting time. Have searched quite a lot for a solution but I think this is just a Premiere shortcoming.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am absolutely agree with You.  Why is it so slow process, and every time it starts again and again? I have quite complicated project and its really disturbing process. Why can't AP remember them.  In previous versions  it worked even quicker. Right now I have AP version 14.        

And don't blame my machine.   It's a beast-  WIN 10, 64 bit, RAM 64 GB,  AMD Ryzen9 3900X 12-Core Processor 3.79 GHZ,  NVIDIA Geoforce RTX 2070 SUPER. 

For example in AVID everything opens in one second. Everything-- icluded all thumbnails. ALL at once.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm I've been experiencing this same issue, and it seems worse with the latest version. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 8.57.48 AM.png

Reading and writing to Sandisk Extreme Pro USB-C SSD (950mb/s Read and Write speed)

4K MPEG-4 files. 

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the answer with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am absolutely agree with You.  Why is it so slow process, and every time it starts again and again? I have quite complicated project and its really disturbing process. Why can't AP remember them.  In previous versions  it worked even quicker. Right now I have AP version 14.        

And don't blame my machine.   It's a beast-  WIN 10, 64 bit, RAM 64 GB,  AMD Ryzen9 3900X 12-Core Processor 3.79 GHZ,  NVIDIA Geoforce RTX 2070 SUPER. 

For example in AVID everything opens in one second. Everything-- icluded all thumbnails. ALL at once.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for example. Its a clean project without any sequence. To show hundred of still images thumbnails takes a lot of time.  And AP cant remember them. Every time you open the project it starts to load them again and again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wich is why i threw the towel with Adobe, and went to Davinci Resolve...case closed!

Are you even listening Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem already for a long time. On Adobe User Voice there is an ongoing topic about it. Maybe good to upvote the topic: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33849352-save-thumbnails-ca...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I have the same issue.

A possible workaround is explained in this video: https://youtu.be/gCQfpimN0PI

Of course, disabling the "H264 hardware accelerated decoding" feature can create other issues, but my tests showed a massive improvement in thumbnails loading times: https://youtu.be/DibqbII1pws

Another option could be creating ProRes proxies and enabling them. Since ProRes is not hardware accelerated on Windows machines, I guess the thumbnail loading times could improve (I haven't tested that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines