• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Interpolation feature similar to photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Adobe Photoshop transform tool there is an option that allows you to change way the image is interpolated with settings like "Bicubic" and "Nearest Neighbour." Is there a similar feature in Premiere Pro? (attatched below is a screenshot of the feature in Photoshop.)

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

There definitely is in AfterEffects.  But gotta say the difference in these settings to my eye is marginal.   bwdik...    And I don't think there's this option available in Premiere...  Apple Compressor does have some settings you can use to adjust the quality of the scaling...  And there are hardware options like the Alchemist and the Terranex that are supposedly better than any of the software options.  People are touting the Topaz software for scaling images up

https://www.topazlabs.com/

I've

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There definitely is in AfterEffects.  But gotta say the difference in these settings to my eye is marginal.   bwdik...    And I don't think there's this option available in Premiere...  Apple Compressor does have some settings you can use to adjust the quality of the scaling...  And there are hardware options like the Alchemist and the Terranex that are supposedly better than any of the software options.  People are touting the Topaz software for scaling images up

https://www.topazlabs.com/

I've played around with it and not sure I see any improvement.  Maybe my eyes are failing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topaz does a wonderful job.

Takes some experimenting before getting optimum results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a pretty niche feature, the reason i'm asking is because i'm editing with pixel art which unless you use the nearest neighbour setting looks really blurry scaled up. Thanks for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no scaling options in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines