Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not viewable in Premiere Import Section

Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Is anyone having an issue seeing Images in the Import section of premiere pro?
I navigate to my folder wtih JPEG images and they dont show them - so weird?

Cheers in advance.

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any kind of filter applied in the Import tab? Like you have it set to show video files only as opposed to image files or ALL files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its weird. NO filters at all, and if I change the filter to "Images Only" it says "NO Files to Show" and then it doesnt even show the DPX file! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd. Can you give us more specs on your system and the version of Premiere you're running?

Are you able to import images normally once the Project has been opened (File>Import)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its so odd! If I am in Edit mode, yes I am able to Import those same JPEGS.... but in IMPORT view it ONLY shows the ONE poster frame I exported.

I am a Macbook Pro 16GB with an M1 chip and Premeire Build 23.50

Thanks for trying to help!
mark

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 1.46.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you navigate to another folder on your drive, then try going back into that "photo montage" folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunatley doesnt work. But I did notice other folders images do seem to display correctly. I was not able to see an .ai file either... but i am able to see other images in other folders. And was able to impmort the images via File?Import or project panel no problem... so find it bizarre that they are not visible for some odd reason.

Thanks!

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is weird behavior for sure. I may check and see if there have been other bug reporst about this; in the meantime at least normal "Import..." works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two more thoughts:

1. This is not a Dropbox folder, correct?
  2. Any weird characters in the file names of those jpegs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not dropboc, they were on my desktop, now on creative cloud. Its weird.... I just went to check on the file names and double-clicked a few images and it said "can't be found" they are stil in the project, but something must have happened to them since it seems like the computer isnt reading them correctly. But import still works.... so weird.
And when I double-click the iange the 2nd time.... it opens! So I guess its something to do with these images!

Thanks!

mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mark@headTrix,

Long shot, but .....

Partly behind the "Adjust the size" message is the eyeball "Directory Viewers" icon. Try clicking that to see if it is set to some file type. (I suspect DPX, because that is your poster frame.) Change it to "Files."

Several versions back, I experimented with importing a .dng file. Since then, IF there is a .dng file in the directory, that is all it shows,  until I click on the Directory Viewer and pick Files. In Media Browser, I get the same thing, but there "Files" is called "File Directory."

Your poster frame is DPX, and yes, that is one of the file types available.

In the Project Panel -> Right-click -> "Import," this does not happen.

I posted about this once, I think, but never got any explanation.

I can find no way to change this so that "File Directory" is the default - only the absence of a DNG file!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah I tried it with every drop down.... it seems like something is wrong with the images. they import but when I double click it gives and error that its mising, then the 2nd time I double click it opens up. They must be corrupt or something's not right!

thanks for trying to help!
mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure that the images you are trying to import are supported file formats by Adobe Premiere Pro. JPEG images should generally be supported, but it's essential to check that the file extensions are ".jpg" or ".jpeg."Make sure that the view options in the Import window are set correctly. Sometimes, the display settings might hide certain file types. In the Import window, try adjusting the view options to display all supported file.Clearing the media cache might help resolve some issues. You can find this option under the Edit menu > Preferences > Media Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the images are all JPEGS, and they all import into Premiere using File>Import , but they are NOT showing in the Import view. I displayed images only and I see nothing If I display all files I only see the DPX file. 
Its odd. And yes I have cleared the cache.... I noticed this problem while I was teaching a Premiere Pro class. It was happening to my students as well. Maybe the JPEGS got corrupt? I am able to see other JPEGS from different folders - but nothing from this particular folder. So odd.

Thanks!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying it on a PC and it's working as expected. 

I see you are in List view in the above photo, any change with Grid View?

Win11, PP23.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changin views as well. SO I notice it is working... but this one particulat folder of JPEGS its not working....its weird since we were able to import the images just fine... jsut not via the import module. 
I also notice .ai files are not showing up.... but m maybe its just something to do with these particular images.... bizarre since they are all downloaded from the web!

thanks!
mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines