Import Failure Compression Issue

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get this particular file to open in premiere. I'e attatched screen grabs of the error, video properties, error I'm getting when trying to import into HandBrake, and the XML document tree. Anyone have any ideas how I can get this thing working (I have a deadline for tommorow 😕 ).imput failure.jpgWide Angle (Issue).jpgHandbrake.jpgDocument Tree.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Thank you for getting back to me, the original file would still not work after unblocking. I ended up re-downloading the footage to a different location on my hard drive and it worked. Still not sure what the issue was but at least it's fixed ! Thanks again!

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you enable "Unblock" for the Security setting under the General tab, does the file open and play in VLC player as expected?

If it is indeed Digital Rights Managed (DRM) as Handbrack suggests as a possibility, it's unlikely you will be able to use it as source footage as is.

If this was provided from a client, you may need to request a format that's for editing rather than delivery.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me, the original file would still not work after unblocking. I ended up re-downloading the footage to a different location on my hard drive and it worked. Still not sure what the issue was but at least it's fixed ! Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that downloading the file again is working as expected.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EN mic aso cuando me ha tocado abrir ese tipo de archivos lo que hago es exportarlo como nuevo video en VLC Player y ya desde alli los problemas se solucionan.

Espero te pueda servir

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me ! I ended up fixing it by redownloading to a different drive location.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines