Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import OMF into Premiere

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How do I import OMF file into Premiere? Has Exported out OMF file from Premiere earlier and made finishing in ProTools, and will now import the OMF file back into Premiere. Is this possible? If not what is the easiest solution? We will do some cutting changes, it would have been fine with sound in sync.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your post. As per the workflow Premiere pro can export the OMF files but It is unable to import the OMF files. The OMF's are not in the supported list of audio formats that Premiere Pro imports. The format supported for importing in Premiere pro are listed below. You can import the file if you change the format of the audio using any third party converter and then export it again in OMF.

Regards,

Vinay

AAC

AC3 (including 5.1 surround)

AIFF, AIF

ASND (Adobe Sound Document)

AVI (Video for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your post. As per the workflow Premiere pro can export the OMF files but It is unable to import the OMF files. The OMF's are not in the supported list of audio formats that Premiere Pro imports. The format supported for importing in Premiere pro are listed below. You can import the file if you change the format of the audio using any third party converter and then export it again in OMF.

Regards,

Vinay

AAC

AC3 (including 5.1 surround)

AIFF, AIF

ASND (Adobe Sound Document)

AVI (Video for Windows)

BWF (Broadcast WAVE format)

M4A (MPEG-4 Audio)

mp3 (mp3 Audio)

MPEG, MPG (MPEG Movie)

MOV (QuickTime; requires QuickTime player)

MXF (Media eXchange Format; P2 Movie: Panasonic Op-Atom variant of MXF, with video in DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO HD,

AVC-Intra; XDCAM HD Movie, Sony XDCAM HD 50 (4:2:2), Avid MXF Movie)

WMA (Windows Media Audio, Windows only)

WAV (Windows WAVeform)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... so you're telling us that you can shoot over audio to audition, edit it, but can only bring back a fully bounced session?  That... kinda sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a lot more functionality in this round trip with latest versions.

eg export back with stems., xml etc...

Sometimes you have to try stuff for your self.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what he said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me (Premiere 2015.2, Build 41 and Audition 2015.1, Build 8.1.0.162):

Open the OMF file in Audition

Audition will prompt you to create a new folder to store the new files

The file will open with the media on it's original tracks

Open Premiere

Create a sequence in Premiere

Return to Audition

Choose "Multitrack" from the menu in the top left

Choose "Export to Adobe Premiere"

The audio will now be exported to separate tracks in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this with CC 2017 and al the levels were set to 0db on all the clips.  Is this something to do with constant power not being supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing that worked for me was to export a FCP XML out of Audition and then import that into Premiere. Bit wonky and I agree PPro would do well to allow OMF import, seems like it wouldn't be that hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clearing the cache did the trick for me.

I had this same issue on cc 2020. My files were fine with no special characters. I cleared the cache and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines