Exit

Imported .mogrt files doesn’t appear in Essential Graphics Tab

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

today my problem is:

when I import an Essential Graphics made with AE (Graphics/Install Motion Graphic Template.../myfile.mogrt and Open) this doesn’t appears in the Essential Graphics Tab (Windows/Essential Graphics).

In my Tab, I only see the old .mogrt files that I have imported in the past. The new “my file.mogrt” template isn’t in this list.

How I make it visible? When I charge an another time the template, a warning window appears and tell me “Are you sure you want to overwrite the myfile.mogrt template?”

This means that the file is already in the folder but even if I look for it, it doesn’t appear.

Let me know!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Delete yours .MOGRT from the folder and install it yourself using the following path in the screenshot:

dSgFvtQ88X.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point Adobe changed folder name holding Essential Graphics from "Essential Graphics" to "Motion Graphics Templates"

Pasting this shortcut into Windows File Explorer will take you to the containing folder:

%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Just yesterday I copied a Mogrt into my Motion Graphics Template folder, (via Windows), started PP (13.1.4) and there it was.

So, nothing else, just put the mogrt into that folder. If you have both, for now put it into the Motion Graphics Template first and try PP, if you don't see it put it into the Essential Graphics folder and try PP again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have this file in the folder but Premiere Pro doesn't find it.

6.PNG

No matching search results.

5.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Local and Libraries box, try "untitled' also, could be listed under that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And BTW: Don't type so much, just type in "logo" <enter> it will find it if it's available. Try the 'untitled' <enter> also. (same applies with Google searches also, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I open the Essential Graphics Window and I search my file, in this case "LOGO DCPC EN" (LOGO DCPC EN.mogrt).

1.PNG

Second I go on that button and I try to Install the Motion Graphic Template

2.PNG

Third I insert again my Template

3.PNG

Fourth Premier Pro warns me that the file already exists in the Essential Graphic Library and ask me if I want to overwrite it.

4.PNG

Fifth when I search it in the Essential Graphic folder, my file doesn't appear.

5.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Ugh I'm getting sick of all these Adobe Premiere problems. I spent 3 hours just trying to get it installed. So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the solution to this! Very annoying and it kept happening to me. The problem is that the template's "name" isn't the same as the name of the .MOGRT file. I was importing "textOverVideo.mogrt" and the internal name of the template was actually "ProjectNameAndDescription".

So you need to know the internal name of the .MOGRT to find it in any of the Libraries after import, you won't find it under the file name, unless they are named the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. This was exactly my problem. The mogrt was named untitled, but I saved the file under a different name (section title) that I was unable to find in my list. It's odd that this would be a thing as pretty much everything is named by its saved file name throughout Adobe's products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late February 2021, Premiere Pro 14.8.0 build 39, this is still an issue, and this was my solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunita,

The OP didn't have any folder or location checked in his examples so of course the already installed mogrt wasn't showing.

When exporting mogrts from Ae, I prefer to export to one of my Libraries so it would be available whether I'm on my desktop or laptop. And I access my mogrts of course through the Libraries in Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of templates that people are importing into Premiere Pro aren't ones that we created so we are pulling them in from a location in a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "manage additional folders" function is something one needs to learn how to use. It's rather simple thankfully (compared to so many durn things in Premiere).

And naturally, it's not where you assume to look ... it's an option in the three-bar "hamburger" menu of the Essential Graphics Panel. So click the three bars, then click the "Manage additional ..." option, and add folders. After doing so, Premiere then adds those into the Local list, and you can show from as many or few local folders as you wish.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R Neil Haugen's sugggestion fixed it for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i think i found the solution, at least for me.I had the same problem and the solution is this: 

You have to go to your Motion Graphic Templates, delete everything or copy it somewhere else, you can delete it because when you open Pr, it will re-install the basic graphics and you'll start to see the graphics in your sidebar again.

I think the problem is this: when you add new folders in yout Motion Graphic Templates and if you have 2 mogrt files with the same name, even in different folders, that makes crash your Essential Graphics. I'm not sure that is the problem, but cleaning out everything from there and adding just the first folder with my new templates worked. Hope it'll help. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and then I realized a little star near the search bar saying "Refine search....". I deactivated it and viola all of my mogrt files are visible now. 
That can also be your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES, this was the case, Adobe automatically UNFAVORITED my MOGRTS. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if your problem continues but I think I have finally found th solution. As there is the notification saying: “Are you sure you want to overwrite the myfile.mogrt template?” I thought it was lurking somewhere around there 😄 In the Essential Graphics panel under the Browse with Local Templates Folder ticked, I changed the List order to "Recent" and all the mogrt files shoewed up! I hope it works with your computer too. Please let me know if it works, so I can feel much better 🙂aaa.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is almost as ANNOYING!  I'll be working on a project and then all of a sudden, ALL of my MOGRTs disappear.  I have tried many of the ideas here and none of them have worked.  I type in simple searches like "logo", "glitch", or "title" and Adobe just keeps saying, "Searching..."  But it NEVER finds any of them.  I go to the bottom of the EG panel and click on the add button, select a MOGRT and it gives me the same error, "This file already exists.  Confirm overwrite?"  I say "Yes" but none of them show up.

Randune23_0-1647159500905.png

Then without any warning, the EG full panel just pops back up.  What the heck?  I have rebooted, restarted PP, and still, no MOGRTs listed.  Why does this always happen at the point in a project when I need to do all my text overlays???  Thanks, Adobe!

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete yours .MOGRT from the folder and install it yourself using the following path in the screenshot:

dSgFvtQ88X.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. This was an easy fix for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

✌️enjoy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 and this is still an issue i just cant believe i'm spending so many hours on this nonsense this is unbelievable really, I really considering moving to Devinci, so many issues so much hassle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has to  be something odd on your system, permissions issues or mis-naming, perhaps even MS OneDrive is interfering, something. That is NOT normal behavior.

The various problems users have had in this thread are all of the above. So first thing I'll ask, do you have MS OneDrive or any other auto-cloud-backup system setup for your computer?

And what of the many different problems mentioned in this thread do you have specifically happening on yours?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines