• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ImporterQuickTime.prm

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I install windows 10 my premiere don't start.

The loading stops in "ImporterQuickTime.prm"

Somebody help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Thanks Jeff.

In my case I discovered short before your answer that somehow, the folders where Premiere keeps some files (on my Libraries) required administrator privileges to be accessed. I had to access those in Windows Explorer with elevated permissions beforehand, and after that Premiere (and Media Encoder too, curiously AE did not have any errors) would run OK, and since then I have rebooted and Premiere continues to launch successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

DON`T CLICK ON THE LINK - IT`S SPAM...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here but with media Encoder 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.

Given that I'm actually paying for Premiere and I need it, it bugs me quite a lot...

NVIDIA drivers up to date (355.82) GeForce GTX750

Windows 10 Pro, DirectX 12, 16GB RAM

Quicktime 7.7.6 installed (but it crashed before also)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new user account and try starting Pr again from the new account. If it launches successfully, then go back to your original account and launch Pr while holding down the Shift+Alt keys. That should reset your plug-in cache and preferences. Doing that will often fix startup and other crashes in Pr.

Cheers,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.

In my case I discovered short before your answer that somehow, the folders where Premiere keeps some files (on my Libraries) required administrator privileges to be accessed. I had to access those in Windows Explorer with elevated permissions beforehand, and after that Premiere (and Media Encoder too, curiously AE did not have any errors) would run OK, and since then I have rebooted and Premiere continues to launch successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news -- and good troubleshooting!

Cheers,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which folders exactly need to be accessed by admin?  Why does starting up premiere as admin not fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which folders exactly need to be accessed by admin?  Why does starting up premiere as admin not fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but it did not help.... I've commented also in this thread about the same issue: loading importerquicktime.prm - crush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joaocverde  wrote

Thanks Jeff.

This did NOT work for me, but after a very long and annoying back and forth in another thread, the problem was isolated to a file in User App Data that needed to be force deleted. Here's what I did to fix it for me:

I can confirm that deleting this file on the user account that's preventing Adobe Premiere Pro will work to fix the problem:

C:\Users\YOUR USER FOLDER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound/SharedTags

If you can't get there, go to any open folder and at the top under View;check show hidden files.

This file will NOT delete just by right clicking and deleting it. It will say it cannot be deleted because it's in use. Even with closing all Adobe related files in task manager, it still was unable to be deleted because 'System' is using it.

1. You have to force delete it either through your command prompt, or by installing a program that does it for you.
  2. I used a free program called lock hunter: https://lockhunter.com/download.htm
  3. https://lockhunter.com/download.htmAfter you install lockhunter, you can right click the SharedTags file and go to 'What is locking this file?'.
  4. Then lock hunter will open and if you open the 'system' dropdown, it will reveal the SharedTags file.
  5. Select the SharedTags file (Not system)
  6. Hit the delete button below.
  7. It will tell you that you STILL can't delete it because it's in use, so it will ask if you want to delete it when you restart the computer, say yes.
  8. After the restart, it will say successfully deleted.
  9. You'll now be able to start Premiere pro.
  10. Premiere Pro CC will automatically put back in a new SharedTags file into the Essential Sound folder, but this time since the computer didn't crash while in Premiere (yet), that file didn't get corrupted, meaning all is good, until the next crash, which you'll then need to redo this process.

This is a perfect example of how Adobe loves to introduce new features (Essential Sound) that causes conflicts with other parts of Premiere that used to work perfect. In this case, the new feature wouldn't even let Premiere start up.

Adobe, can we please all agree that you seriously need to do FULL testing before new features are introduced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the fix!
Even just renaming the file, like I did, and premiere just started.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you adobe, project over which I worked 5 days more not is a.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!!!!! THANK YOU!!! Hope Adobe gets some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't contain such folder as Essential Sounds even when I see hidden folders and files (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you end up finding it. I can't either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Were you able to fix this problem? Help me please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to circumvent this problem by running Premiere Pro as an
administrator.

(Also, since updating my Premiere Pro CC to the 2021 version, this issue
seemed to go away regardless.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have the Essential Sound directory there. Still stuck. I've tried many of the other options in this forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start the program as Administrator. DONE. (no need of restart)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  This worked and I only had to do it once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely ridiculous and infuriating. Happens only with Premiere (not AFX) as of this AM (5 hours lost and counting...). My specs are well beyond what's needed:

Windows 10

Dual Xeon 2.40 GHz

64 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro K5200 (driver version 411.95) 8 GB DDR5 RAM

I have tried, in no particular order:

1) Running as administrator

2) Temporarily moving the "WebM.prm" file (which is the last Loading element I see before it crashes)

3) Moving plugins one by one and wholesale from the MediaCore folder

4) Uninstalling/re-installing Premiere Pro

5) Clearing my Temp folder (except for the ones I cannot delete, even if I cancel or temporarily rename running Adobe processes)

No luck. I don't have admin rights to this machine. So setting up a new account is a non-starter. PLEASE fix this, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still having this issue

I learned to let my computer do it's thing for about 15mins after logging in.  I just cut the computer on, log in, and let it sit on the desktop while I go do something.  when I get back to the computer, Adobe fires right up with no problems. It hasn't failed once ever since.  

I've never tried any of the other ways on this thread, so give this a try if those didn't work for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines