• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing video with mulitchannel audio

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import a video mxf with 8 channel audio into my timeline. A colleague already started on the project with the same files. He gave me a sequence with the clips and all audio channels nicely separated on different tracks. But when I import the same files it creates one stereo track below, with only the first two channels and the rest missing. Playing around with the timeline settings I somehow get 8 channels mixed into one track. What am I missing to get every channel clean on separate tracks?

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Mike Dziennik has already answered you correctly. If visually, then take a look at this.

Split multi-channel audio to separate tracks in Premiere Pro - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the clip in the project panel and choose Modify>Audio Channels. Tthis dialogue will allow you to set how the 8 embedded channels are formatted eg. 8x Mono, 4x Stereo etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this works. But I still don't understand how my colleague must have already had done that, while I have to modify the same clips which he already used in the same sequence. Is there a general project setting I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are constantly working with the same number of recording devices, then you can save the preset in the composition settings that you made this time and use it for similar projects. If you add something new to the channels (for example, for 2 and 3 speakers), then edit your saved one and save it again under a different name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike Dziennik has already answered you correctly. If visually, then take a look at this.

Split multi-channel audio to separate tracks in Premiere Pro - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines