• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In PP 23.0.0, Text panel doesn't show captions

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to PP 23.0.0. I went through the required conversion of a PP project I'd worked on last night. When I clicked on a caption in the timeline, the Text panel opened up, but nothing is displayed. Is there some step I have to perform to get a display? Or is this a bug?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

I uninstalled PP, including preferences, and re-installed PP 23. Things are OK now.

Crude, but effective.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed PP 22.6.2 (build 2), and things work. I'll go to 23.0.0 if there is information about my problem and/or a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use this before installing the update

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems

and did you reset your preferences and delete the cache which is recommended if you have problems after an update...  (although gotta admit I've never had to do any of these things when I've updated - but maybe I'm just lucky).

And I assume that you realize you can keep multiple versions of premiere on your system.  Just make sure you turn off "delete previous versions" before you do the update...  I think I've got versions going back to the 2017 version on my system...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take back what I said about PP 22.6.2 curing the problem. I keep closing the Text panel until I need it again for edits (having the panel open slows some things), and after a while, the problem surfaced again. It must stem from something I did, not from the level of PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you doubled click on the caption in Timeline to open up in the text panel? Make sure the caption tab is selected in the text panel.

Is this issue on a created caption or transcribed caption or the particular caption format? can you please clarify? 

thank you,

Suraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double-click on a caption on the timeline. 

The captions are from a file, not from creatiion or transcription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled PP, including preferences, and re-installed PP 23. Things are OK now.

Crude, but effective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines