• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Include fonts when sharing Premiere Pro project files

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way for Premiere Pro to include all custom third party fonts as a sidecar file when using Project Manager to consolidate a project for sharing to other remote users?

I often receive PP project files from other editors that have used custom client branding fonts in their timelines. When opening a PP project file from another user, I always find myself reaching out to the user about sending me a copy of their fonts used in the timeline because a 'Missing Font' prompt appears. We often say to each other "I wish Premiere would include the fonts when consolidating a project for hand off".

I couldn't find any resources that mentions if this is possible but not sure if I am using the correct verbiage. 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is possible, but it would make a great feature request.

Post that here where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me parece que Ilustrato lo hace, seria de implemtarlo tambien en Premiere y After (que solo me dan un TXT con los datos del proyecto incluido las fuentes usadas)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts need to be installed into the OS.

Fonts from Typekit need to be activated in ones account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for such a quick response! I understand that the font is located on the OS level of each user and manually creating a side car otf/rtf file from Font Book (I am on a Mac) is the way I have been doing it.

I was hoping there was a method that would allow Premiere Pro to access all fonts used in a current sequence timeline, to be included as part of the "Project Manager > Collect Files and Copy to New Location" so it no longer has to be an additional manual step by the user.

Fonts are such an easy thing to overlook as being an asset you need to make sure and grab but it's always the small little hiccup that seems to come up the most when exchanging projects between users. 

If I were to use a font that is pulled from TypeKit, does that mean Premiere Pro would then be able to create a sidecar otf/rtf file when consalidating a project? I know you can grant people access to your Creative Cloud TypeKit fonts associated with your account, but that seems more trouble than it is to simply give them the sidecar file to install locally on their workstation and avoid having to grant permission.

Anyways, no big deal. Just a small detail that I wasn't sure if I was overlooking a step that would allow my idea to work, but I just wasn't seeing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines