• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Encore with CC is no longer available

Explorer ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download Encore. All Tutorials say to install CS6 for that, via the "earlier Versions" Function in CC. But I can't choose CS6, as seen in the Screenshot below.

Screenshot (406).PNG

[Title edited to reflect Adobe's new policy]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

You can use Encore now only if you have an old perpetual license. It is no longer available as part of a subscription

If there are any options available to you, you can contact customer care.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care-own or rent-I would just like to be able to use it. The workflow was so nice with being able to integrate the Adobe products and end up in Encore. I am currently using a 3rd party software to burn 35 dvds for my school and it's ok. I miss the options that were available in Encore and no 3rd party software that I know of was as integrated with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the only way to now use Encore is to have purchased the serial number version of Premiere Pro CS6 (or earlier)

At this point, buying on eBay is sometimes a problem due to fakes, or people selling a volume license version which is not fake, but which is also not legal to sell to an individual

If you do find a legitimate copy to buy, be sure to have the previous owner do a license transfer

Transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1355892

-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

Now that CS6 is no longer included with a Cloud subscription, I do NOT know if the above license transfer still works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I think would be getting it to work because I have the Encore executable file on my computer. When I click on it to fire it up I get an Error 1 message which means it is no longer supported. Calling Adobe customer service does no good since they will only repeat the same thing. So, buying or transferring a copy of Encore is a big crapshoot. If the software needs to contact Adobe after installation, you'll probably get the same response from them and then what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, buying or transferring a copy of Encore is a big crapshoot. If the software needs to contact Adobe after installation, you'll probably get the same response from them and then what.

If you have the installer files for Premiere Pro CS6/Production Premium CS6/Master Collection CS6 you will have no problem installing Encore CS6. I did it on a computer this weekend and the install worked, the activation worked and the application works and i have already used it for one project. You need the installer file, not just Adobe Encore.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, but my copy was already installed on my computer and just quit working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already installed how?

Do you have the serial number version of Premiere Pro that installs the bundled Encore?

Or did you have PPro/Encore as part of a Cloud subscription?

If part of a Cloud subscription, Adobe has removed running the program as a subscription option

If you have the serial number version of Premiere Pro, a reinstall should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was able to install through my Cloud subscription though I do own a copy of Encore 1.5 from way back when you could actually own the software. I used that version for many years and it worked just fine, so I was thrilled when it was offered through the Cloud. I installed it and it worked great up until the point Premiere Pro updated. I have since learned that when updating older versions of Premiere will become non-functional. I learned this too late otherwise I would have not let it update. Oh well, that's Adobe life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl  wrote

So, buying or transferring a copy of Encore is a big crapshoot. If the software needs to contact Adobe after installation, you'll probably get the same response from them and then what.

If you have the installer files for Premiere Pro CS6/Production Premium CS6/Master Collection CS6 you will have no problem installing Encore CS6. I did it on a computer this weekend and the install worked, the activation worked and the application works and i have already used it for one project. You need the installer file, not just Adobe Encore.exe.

Can you explain what you mean by "if you have the installer files"? Where would I find those?

I currently have Encore CS6 working on my computer. But it's no longer available to re-download on CC. I'm going to be switching to a new PC in the near future and will I be able to just copy/paste the whole Adobe Encore folder to that computer to make it work. I also have Pr Pro and AME from CS6 on this current computer as well. I obviously edit with the latest CC version.

Just prepping for the near future because sadly, DVDs and Bluray copies are still in demand. They may not be the most common way of delivery but they're most definitely and kind of surprisingly still in demand.

EDIT: I'd still love to know the answers to the questions above about where to find the installer files (again, my Encore CS6 IS currently working on my PC) as well as the copy/paste the CS6 folders question on whether that will work on a new PC.  BUT...I also found my old CS5.5 discs and serial number. I can't remember how I upgraded to CS6 at the moment but does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what you mean by "if you have the installer files"? Where would I find those?

If you bought a perpetual license of CS6 you can contact Adobe Customer Care to get download links to those files. If you did not, there is no way to obtain those files today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>will I be able to just copy/paste the whole Adobe Encore folder

No... when Adobe programs are installed a HIDDEN FILE is created as part of the registration process... a simple copy (or using Migration Assistant on a Mac) does not and can not copy that hidden registration file

You must have purchased Premiere Pro CS6 (or an applicable suite) to be able to install PPro using your purchased serial number... the "bundled" Encore CS6 will be installed and activated when you install PPro CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

>will I be able to just copy/paste the whole Adobe Encore folder

No... when Adobe programs are installed a HIDDEN FILE is created as part of the registration process... a simple copy (or using Migration Assistant on a Mac) does not and can not copy that hidden registration file

You must have purchased Premiere Pro CS6 (or an applicable suite) to be able to install PPro using your purchased serial number... the "bundled" Encore CS6 will be installed and activated when you install PPro CS6

I have CS5.5 on disc. With serial number and everything. It's how I started. I then went to CS6 soon after but I can't remember how that whole upgrade went down as it was so long ago. Anyway, do I have any luck since I have the discs and serial numbers to 5.5???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your operating system will support 5.5 you will be able to install and activate

If you have a CS6 serial number, you will be able to install that version

Lost information - see reply #1 in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2008767

- page has links to programs to find an installed serial number in Mac or Windows

- includes link to your Adobe account to check for registered serial numbers

If you do have a CS6 serial number, read below

Adobe removed old links from public view https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

-also read https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The process below WILL NOT WORK if you have a (CS6 or earlier) serial number for an education or volume version, since the only downloads now available are the retail installers, which DO NOT work with an education or volume serial number

Start by reading reply #10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620448

-Also read https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

-And https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

-OR... Go to https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions, substituting the name and location of your specific program for Encore

-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

And that is everything I know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

And that is everything I know

Wow...that's a lot to unpack. Thanks so much John. I'll probably need to read it a few times but I'm at least somewhat hopeful. For now, I'll just pray my computer doesn't crash before my need to make discs for some clients subsides.

One thought...hypothetically speaking, let's say after I read through everything you wrote I CAN'T get access to install Encore CS6 on my future PC...Can I use my current SSD C drive (Samsung 860 pro) in my new system and have the apps still work? If so, does it have to be the new system's C drive or can I make it a secondary storage drive and not the main C drive with Windows 10 on it, and have Encore still working like it does now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be possible if you upgrade intel to intel and don't do a fresh install. Your existing installation may survive so you can use Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st... moving a boot drive to a new computer MAY require a Windows "repair" install so Windows will be able to activate itself in a new system... you should ask Microsoft about that

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx for ALL Windows help

2nd... once Windows is working on a new system, you SHOULD just be able to run all programs that are installed

3rd... I don't know if trying to run programs from a non-boot drive will work after moving the drive, since I've never done that

ADDED to 3rd

Installing a program in Windows makes changes to the System Registry file to tell Windows about the program... so after thinking, I'm not at all sure that moving a boot drive, with an intact System Registry, to become a non-boot drive in a new computer WITH A DIFFERENT SYSTEM REGISTRY will work to have the programs run properly... they might, but I just don't know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chatted with Adobe Support for a while and unfortunately my CS5.5 serial key did not work with CS6. However, he sent me the download file for CS6 anyway and once downloaded there's 3 options to install/activate and one was "subscription" so I clicked that, logged in and it worked! Encore started up fine! I went to my CC icon and in the apps section CS6 was there and I updated that to the latest version so hopefully I'm good to go for the future. I've saved everything to dropbox for future computer use just in case. Just seeing the 3 options in that pop-up brought back memories. I totally remember that prompt from back in 2011/2012. Anyway, I appreciate all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder if my old serial key for PP4 would work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Wonder if my old serial key for PP4 would work?

The CS2 and CS3 activation servers are gone, but I have not read anything about CS4 not activating

That is, of course, if the old CS4 will run on your current operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>there's 3 options to install/activate and one was "subscription" so I clicked that, logged in and it worked!

That is VERY interesting, since Adobe's official word is that CS6 is no longer available with a subscription

I don't know if Adobe has a way to 'read' your install and see that you don't have the serial number version of CS6 to then disable Encore CS6, but enjoy what you have while it lasts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is interesting, and arguable not allowed. However, since he, I assume, proved he has a 5.5 license, if there is a problem with the 5.5 installer, they "could" legitimately provide activation via any means they choose for a version with the same underlying licensing.

DMH, it is CS6 PR that shows in your cloud desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Stan+Jones  wrote

I agree this is interesting, and arguable not allowed. However, since he, I assume, proved he has a 5.5 license, if there is a problem with the 5.5 installer, they "could" legitimately provide activation via any means they choose for a version with the same underlying licensing.

DMH, it is CS6 PR that shows in your cloud desktop?

Yes. It's CS6 Premiere that shows in the cloud desktop...just like it used to. I have had a working copy of Encore on my desktop for a while now (although there are issues I've never seen before like chapters duplicating, etc.) but I can't reinstall so I just deal with those issues. I installed this new CS6 on my laptop (which I only use when travelling for editing) because I hadn't yet put Encore on there and I didn't wanna be stuck with no computer with Encore. Technically I had already copied over my entire CS6 folder from my working computer (with the library folder etc) to that laptop to see if that would work, but it did not. I was just trying to see if that worked as I was going back and forth here on this thread. I left those files on there and then when I downloaded the stuff support sent me it gave me the installation options. The three options that you see when you go to install the files that Support sent me (they sent 2 large folders to download) are the same 3 options I remember getting way back when I was using CS6 in 2011/2012. I specifically remember those prompts. Even though I own a hard copy of CS5.5 I really started using Premiere full time (FCP7 transfer) when CS6 came out. I don't remember purchasing a new license for it but I know I used it. I haven't actually created any project with this newly downloaded Encore so who knows, but it seems to load fine and is updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It's CS6 Premiere that shows in the cloud desktop...just like it used to.

It show up there when CS6 is installed but does not show up there before CS6 is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share the direct download links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>can you share the direct download links?

No

Adobe removed old links from public view https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

-also read https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The process below WILL NOT WORK if you have a (CS6 or earlier) serial number for an education or volume version, since the only downloads now available are the retail installers, which DO NOT work with an education or volume serial number

Start by reading reply #10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620448

-Also read https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

-And https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

-OR... Go to https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got Encore CS4 installed using my CS4 serial number. Doubt that would work for CS6 so won't bother. Haven't tried a real project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines