• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing In Incorrect Location

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Pro will not install where I've told my Adobe programs to do so. Is there a way to uninstall and force the program to move to the correct drive? I've attached screenshots of the error highlighting where the program is trying to install vs where I've told the programs to install.

Correct Drive.JPGWrong Drive.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the reason why you're trying to install on a different drive is that your C drive is full?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The C: is close to full, and it is why I get the error as there is not enough room for a Premiere update. As for a real reason, I just have all of my photography-related items on a drive of their own that also gets backed up on its own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The C: is close to full,

By @JFaz

You still need room for temp files and system files.

If you don't get a larger C drive, you will likely run into performance issues and won't have room for Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Agreed. I've got issues coming concerning the C: drive. Regardless, my Premiere Pro installed itself there despite me having my settings set to G: drive. I'd like to move Premiere and am asking for assistance in this particular matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that the lack of room on the C drive for system and temp files is not allowing the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my files for Premiere that I'm currently using are sitting on my C: regardless of the fact that I chose G: as my destination. All of the other Adobe programs are on the G: like I want. 

I'm not necessarily complaining that my update will not complete due to a lack of space on the C:, I'm more wondering how to move my files over to the drive that they should have installed on in the first place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not going to be able to 'move' them. You can try different ways to install it to a different drive, but it has to be done that way (with an install) so the right registry variable, etc get set. It doesn't sound promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel I've got everything set right in Adobe Creative Cloud, but it installed on a drive I did not have it set to. There's got to be a way to uninstall/reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, it's not promising. You can try uninstalling everything Adobe, and then give it a try. You'd have to backup everything you might need, including users prefs, etc. Here's a tool that could help, but again, I think the installing to g: is a bad idea.

OK, be sure to run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you think installing to G: is a bad idea? Is it because it isn't running alongside the OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could get broken / disconnected so easily. Basically windows is designed to have all your programs on the c: drive. You can move all your media, projects, etc to other drives. If you had to reformat your c: drive, or install a new one, what happens to those remnants that are on the g: drive? It's a mess and bad practices even if you can get it to work. I'm in the process of outfitting my most recent machine and I'm moving everything (user files) I can off the c: drive and using c: only for programs. It makes it simple when you want a new c: drive, hardly anything to backup as all your user stuff is on other drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You make some good points to here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling everything even creative cloud, and this problem still persist. There has to be a file somewhere that tells Creatice Cloud that i want to install it on D but I can't find it. I never had big issues with adobe, but damn this is nerve wracking as it keeps me from working efficiently since months. Making updates involves half a day of waiting now as I have to manualy move adobe software folders to my C drive after each update. and they get installed on my oldass Backup HDD. moving folders right now of 4 software and it says: wait 15h omg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, but if you would install everything on C where it belongs, you would not be having a nerves breakdown and having to wait 15h to continue work.

Every update will install like a breeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to have everything on my C thats the point. I DONT KNOW why it installs on D instead of C, it even says C in creative cloud preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OxiDiZe_FoCuZHD_0-1710004252550.png

it also installs everything in german even though I want it english.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only clue i have, is that I updated my C from a 1tb to a 4tb SSD, cupple motnhs back. I believe since than, my creative cloud is a complete mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your install location should say: Default Location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do I set it to default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same Problem, except: It installs all my Updates on D instead of C. This is sooooo annyoing.

Like, everytime I make an update, it creates a new folder on D and installs the software there. Than I manualy put the folder over to my C drive. And yeha, it s so dumb, cause my D is an HDD super slow (mainly use it for Backups) and my system does not recognize that I have the software, so I can't open files directly and have to first launch illustr and others than select open file form within.

This problem gets on my damn nerves since months!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After my recent cleaning out, I've just recently got my c: drive down to 130gb. I have about 5gb of stuff I'm going to move to my sata SSD, but I have to change a the links to there, but that's just a couple hours work now, and less hassle going forward. 

MyerPj_0-1710096756744.png

After you've uninstalled everything, run the Adobe Cleaner, which I linked above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines