Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Iphone Footage blown out, not able to export LUT edits

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen several iterations of this post and have read most of the answers to little avail. I shot on an Iphone 12 Pro Max camera, and similar to what everyone else mentioned the footage was completely blown out. I've tried several methods to correct the issue, but none of them worked. I tried modifying the settings, interpreting footage, then color space override to Rec 709 but it looked worse. I tried toggling the "display color management" in settings which also didn't work. Finally I sought help from a creator on Youtube who made his own LUT for HDR Conversion available for his viewers. Applying the LUT helped slightly, honestly it was the closest I got to a normal color (still not perfect). However, when I went to export the video, none of the color corrections copied over. It continues to export oversaturated and blown out. Please help, it is far too costly of a service to spend countless hours googling solutions. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've not had any problems with anyone's media that I've tested (and I've tested a LOT) ... by simply using the new color managment settings.

Select the clips in the bin ... right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, set the Override value to Rec.709.

Then make sure the Sequence Settings were also set to Rec.709. Do any color/tonal correction needed. (Very few clips don't need a moderate to LOT of color work ... )

Then export with a 'normal' preset for Rec.709.

If you are on a Mac, you really should have the "Display color management" option set to on. Even most PC users probably should. And of course, the monitor needs to be set to Rec.709.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines