• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iphone footage

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can someone help with the Iphone footage whenever I upload it in priemere the colors are so weird i tried so many things and even so many tutorial videos but still it doesn't come true colors as a phone. Priemere has so many things that they need to fix literally it's so annoying and clients keeps on asking me to give back her same color as phone:(

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks but nothing honestly works and it make a little bit better but it doesn't look same as the iphone footage, I don't why priemere only has this problem unable to detect the footage properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha funny thing is i found the solution unfortunately I had to download capcut pc version and import the footage on there and export from there so that way the color stays same, I think Priemere Pro needs to be improved a lot. Not sure why they keep on charging for subscription and where we get such a poor service. Literally right now there are so many bugs and crashes in priemere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok ... a bit of a learning curve here.

That iPhone is set by default to HLG, a form of HDR. Which is the Wild Wild West of pro video. I work for/with/teach pro colorists, most of whom have yet to deliver a single paid gig in HDR.

And some of the folks I work for were the earliest adopters of DolbyVision for streaming, and were hired by Dolby to do the in-house training vids for Dolby. I've been around HDR training for several years now.

As you can work in either Rec.709 or HDR, Premiere's new color management settings allow the user to CHOOSE what you want out of your media. So you do have to set things up for what you want to do. Which you haven't done completely yet, and that's your problem.

But the settings are different depending on whether you want HDR or SDR/Rec.709 deliverables at the end.

Either way, you're apparently Mac based? Go to the Lumetri panel's Settings tab, and ...

• auto detect log, ON.
  • auto tonemapping, ON.
  • Display Color Management and Extended Dynamic Range ... ON.
  • Viewer gamma ... you probably will want 1.96/Quicktime. That is wrong for professional use, but ... "it looks like it should in QuickTime player" ... though screwed up on full-on broadcast specced systems.
  • If setting the sequence to HLG, use ONLY export presets with HLG in the preset name!
  • If setting the sequence to Rec.709, do NOT use presets with either HLG or PQ in the preset name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines