• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is creating a Corner Pin animation possible?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm new to Adobe Premiere Pro, appx 8 months of use. After watching about a dozen tutorials and reading many posts here about using Corner Pin it just will not perform for me. 

I'm using a video clip on one track that's placed above a track with an image of a desk/workspace. I've positioned/sized the video so it looks like it's on the computer monitor in the image. Now, I want to animate the video to move off of the computer monitor in the image to a full screen size, moving one corner at a time. I can see how this would look in my mind but either Premiere Pro doesn't have that ability or I'm missing something. 

I set the keyframes for the corner point animation, corner by corner, with the starting keyframes 20 frames from the keyframes where I'd like the animation to complete but the end result is that the entire video clip displays using the last keyframe for each corner, turning the entire clip into one full screen image. No animation. I can see each corner point's width and height numbers change when I play it back, but the video doesn't change.  

I've tried every possible combination of temporal and spatial interpolation, scale to frame size, set to frame size. I've tried using several different video clips. Restarted my computer (Macbook Pro) several times set in/out points to render the effect to see if it's just an effect I cannot see. Nothing. 

I've seen the effect I'm trying to create done in tutorials on YouTube and follow them to the letter. Still, nothing. Four days of troubleshooting on this. 

I've attached a .mov screen recording of the issue I'm having. 

What am I missing? (or it is the product that has the issue?) Thanks for any advice/help.  

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Scott,

Can you give us any other details about your Mac? Corner Pin works fine here on both my M1 and Intel based MacBook Pros but others are complaining, so they have a different setup than I do.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Here's more info on my Macbook, do you need any other info? I appreciate the speedy response too!

Snip20210803_37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Scott,

Looks like your Mac is not meeting system requirements. And even though I am meeting requirements in my own projects, lately, I've had to render out certain effects. What happens if you render the effect? Set a range to do so with In and Out points. Choose Sequence > Render In to Out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Corner Pin is a non GPU accelerated effect which makes it hard to use, let alone animate.

Best is to use Ae instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines