• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add a clip to a sequence using ExtendScript?

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My job consists of making videos that follow a very specific format:  add the interview clip, add the opener, lower third, outro music, copyright, make sure the audio levels are good, add a Dynamics preset, export.  Over and over and over again, day after day.  Growing weary of the daily grind, I looked rather extensively into the capabilities of Premiere scripting via ExtendScript.  I was excited to hear that CC 2014 had expanded on its scripting capabilities, so I dove in and found out what it was capable of doing, not letting myself be deterred by the lack of documentation.

Here's what I discovered:  among many other things, you can programmatically create (and sometimes modify) bins, markers, and sequences, and import clips into the project.  But you can't actually put those clips into a sequence.  Indeed, every Google search led me to the same point:  you can do quite a bit with scripting, but you can't do that.  That's where everyone gets stuck, and no one has an answer.

Is it just... not possible?  If not, why come so close and yet so far with scripting?  Will this be added in the future?  I'm far from the only person on the interwebs who would absolutely love this ability.

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

[Noticed this thread, while performing other forum-related administrivia...]

PProPanel now exercises insert and overwrite edits.

Samples/Premiere.jsx at master · Adobe-CEP/Samples · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll move your post to the Premiere Pro SDK forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Impossible' and 'Unsupported' are two different things.   Write me off-list. b b b at adobe dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same experience.  Here is my code:

#target premierepro

var myFiles = ["/Volumes/cg/Production/RND/ChrisPremiere/The_Story_of_the_Three_Little_Pigs-3-1.mov"];

// Import files and create a sequence

var pproj = app.project;

pproj.importFiles(myFiles);

pproj.createNewSequence("mySeq", myFiles);

The code imports the files and creates a sequence, but the file is not imported into the sequence.  How does one go about importing a Quicktime movie (or any media for that matter) into a sequence?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Noticed this thread, while performing other forum-related administrivia...]

PProPanel now exercises insert and overwrite edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines