• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to get a light theme for Premiere Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to Premiere Pro and would very much like to know if it is possible to get a light theme for the UI of this product, or at the very least a high contrast mode. It hurts my eyes if I look at the screen for too long, because I work in an environment with good lighting.

I would expect this minimal level of customization for a premium product (with a premium price), such as this one, but from what I have researched there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. You can only change the color from black to a slihgtly lighter black. Is there something I am missing?

If there is no "official" way to change the theme, are there any 3rd party themes I can apply? Any config files I can modify to change the colors of the UI?

Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is built for primarily a broadcast Rec.709 workflow, and that includes recommendations on monitor and room brightness while working. Many of us are of course not in broadcast work. But that's why the app has the medium to dark background.

And no, there are no plugins or anything for the UI.

Over on their UserVoice system, you can search for other posts by users about this, and upvote requests to give more choice of UI to the users.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have glaucoma, are there any accomodations for visual disability? I literally can't see in this dark theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences>Appearance, but you may have already found that.

You might consider making some adjustments to your work environment. For example, I get a headache if I have bright light coming from behind my screen like if I have an open window behind the monitor. Most professional edit bays / color bays, or pretty much any place I've worked in video production try to have at least some control over the lighting situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have glaucoma, and dark themes are impossible for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator Note: text and screenshots removed 

Sorry. Please do not use Console (it's not an official way) to change the application. It is against the corporate guidelines and is a request from Adobe Premiere Pro engineering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines