Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Anchor Point in Transform effect

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a bit of an issue with anchors points. I want to zoom in the corner of a video but with using an Adjustment Layer.

Then I apply the Transform effect to the Adjustment Layer because I want the shutter angle property for a blur effect.

But when I move the Anchor Point of the transform effect, it moves my whole video. Is there a way for it to not do that, the same it does when your just the Anchor Point of Motion part of the pannel?

Thank you !

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some effect do not work in unison with each other in PPro. Typically, you need to sometimes nest certain clips and apply certain effects in the nested version.

I am not sure if this will help you, but please give it a try. It has worked wonders for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe similar issue solved here.

Quick solution : set the anchor point of the clip to the middle point of the sequence.

As I understand this issue currently hapening to me : while using the shutter angle (if not set to 0), the anchor point will take the sequence specifications (width and height).

In my case I have a 4K png transparent file used as an animated matte for a FullHD footage in a FullHD sequence. The middle point of my 4K image is (logically) [1920,1080], but only when I set the anchor point to [960,540] it scale from center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to use Premiere Pro again for some projects and it's simple things like this that make me glad I left for the bulk of my work.

Why would adding a shutter angle cause it to mess up the entire transform effect? this software needs someone to look at all these annoying things properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I see of the OP's post ... is that they moved the anchor point at some point.

I've found that you MUST move the anchor point before you do any other actions for size/position, or it modifies that previous action in unexpected ways.

Which is annoying, but the basis of the problem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to set the anchor point to do a zoom-in effect, here is a workaround to set the anchor point exactly where you want it to be:

• In the program panel enable rulers (show rulers)
  • From the rulers drag 2 guides: a vertical one and an horizontal one, as a visual guide where you want to put your anchor point.
  • While selecting the transform effect, In the program monitor, move the anchor point interactively to the intersection of guides.
  • In the transform effect, Copy-paste "Anchor Point" position to the "Position" property.

transform zoom in.png

The process may look complicated but it will take a half minute only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! That's a useful process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines