Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard and shortcuts not working on premiere

New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Since I updated to 2022, my keyboard doesn't work with premiere pro, whereas I have not had this issue on other Apps. A simple action like play/stop with the spacebar, or even deleting with the delete button, nothing works. Some days it works, and some days it doesn't 
I Am obliged to edit with the mouse and this gets me slow, 

Please help. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Are there any fixes in the works? 

By @BWH Post

Yes, it´s a known issue and a fix is in the works.

More here: Keyboard shortcuts are lost and not retained in 23... - Adobe Support Community - 13784571

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peru Bob,

Woke up to see it working today, as I mentioned in my post, there are days it works and today is one of those.

Nonetheless, I'll do as you said and post my feedback here.

Thanks a lot for your reply 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great tip Bob - my "control + ____" shortcuts stopped working.  Never had that before.

Switching to a standard workspace cleared it up immediate.

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go into the Keyboard Shortcuts section (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts on PC) does it look like nothing is assigned? Or do you have the defaults showing there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Philip,
Everything is assigned as default in the keyboard shortcuts
Thanks for reply 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have potentially the same issue.  Tried resets mentioned elsewhere and deleted app and reinstalled MacOS v24.1.0 
With the Preset: Adobe Premiere Pro Default the appear to be no shortcuts assigned.

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 7.53.59 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem. Totally blank with no shortcuts assigned. Have tried everything. Super frustrated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have been experincing this strange disappearing keyboard shortcuts problem regularly the last few weeks. I happens on both my M1 Macs with multiple versions of Premiere 2023. I have reset preferences, reset workspaces, reset everything and it still happens, usually when I am in a crunch and do not have time to troubleshoot. In all these years of using Premiere I have never had such a difficulty just getting source monitor to play, I have been unable to delete clips, pretty much all the important stuff. I too had to resort to mouse clicks just to get the job done. This probelm is in addition to Premiere Pro 23.4 reseting all clips to frame 0 after relinking when using transcribe. It's starting to become very frustrating to pay for software every month that consumes so much troubleshooting time. Are there any fixes in the works? Does anyone know? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any fixes in the works? 

By @BWH Post

Yes, it´s a known issue and a fix is in the works.

More here: Keyboard shortcuts are lost and not retained in 23... - Adobe Support Community - 13784571

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines