• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Labels will change color of entire track, instead of selected clips

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project, and I like to keep things organized by color labels. However, as of yesterday, whenever I try to change the label color of a clip, it instead changes the color of the entire track (as long as it is from the same source file). I have tried updating Premiere, tried creating a new file after the update and copying the needed clips to said new file, tried looking in every setting pannel I coud find, and nothing is working. I want to be able to change the color of only selected clips on my timeline, not the entire timeline. How do I fix this? Is anyone else having this problem?

(I know I can "label" clips using markers, but I would like to be able to organize things in the way I am used to, and works best for me.)

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

In your timeline panel go to the Wrench and click to reveal the menu. The top menu item should be "Show Source Clip Name and Label" (in most recent versions of PPro). Toggle that menu item on or off and report back what happen to the clip colors in your timeline.

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 11.23.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your timeline panel go to the Wrench and click to reveal the menu. The top menu item should be "Show Source Clip Name and Label" (in most recent versions of PPro). Toggle that menu item on or off and report back what happen to the clip colors in your timeline.

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 11.23.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! I had to uncheck it, and I'm able to label individual clips agin. Thank you so much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, your are very welcome. Glad your back to being productive with your edits! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was very helpful, thank you both of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I had same problem, you had same solution. 
Merry christmas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got a fix. Merry Christmas to you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no such option in my panel. currently I am using premier 2020

premier.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere 2020, it is still in the project settings.  File > Project Settings > General and toggle the check box labeled “Display the project item name and label color for all instances.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thing save me a lot of trouble , I always deal with long interview clip which i have to organize a lot of topics in a very long single clip. I use to cut and label it easily then one day when I did it the whole clip change it color ,I literaly had to write down the timecode on paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW - that was stupid and easy - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you posted this more than a year ago, but it has saved me so much time!  I litterally have had two different sessions with a virtual tech support person from adobe.  They assumed that there as an issue with this update of the software.  Their supervisor is actually still scheduled to call me back.  I can get along with my projects rather than idling for hours while someone else tries to trouble shoot all the steps I already did.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

live saver!!!!thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, same issue appeared for no reason, was working fine before... useful quick fix tip 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man! Thank you! I have been going crazy! All my sequences from a HUGE project had no color labels, they were all missing, I unchecked this and they are back. You saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing happened .. it remains the same 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is no longer on the wrench in 2023. Any luck anyone? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nvm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

legit was just looking into this. what a weird everlasting premiere question 2 years later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is certainly an issue. A menu item like showing names and labels should not make the whole track be subject to color changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines