• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

linear acceleration in position keyframes

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to animate an airplane accelerating down a runway. I need to have the background accelerate so it looks like the airplane is moving. I need a smooth linear acceleration. In the picture below I describe the acceleration I need with a red line.

2022-11-05 13_45_25-Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 - C__Users_Worship_Videos_2022_Airplane_Untitled.prproj .png

Every kind of motion I can get seems to go faster than the second keyframe and then slow down. I need to start at zero and end at the second keyframe. Not go faster than the second keyframe then slow down. Every time I choose linear the motion goes from %0 to %100 in one frame.

I think it might have something to do with both the first and second keyframes but after over an hour of looking for answers online, I still cannot find an answer. 

Does anyone know what I can do to make this 0 to 100 acceleration?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

For anyone else looking I found the answer, You have to make bezier curves for keyframes 1 and 2. Then slide keyframe one earlier in the timeline to allow for the extra time it takes that you are moving at a slower speed and the peak on the curve will drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can make it do this:

2022-11-05 14_09_05-Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 - C__Users_Worship_Videos_2022_Airplane_Untitled.prproj .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok for the sanity of anyone else that finds this. After an hour and a half, I realized that it is a physics problem. You cannot start at a given point at a given time going 100 Kph and end at a given point in a given place and then say "I want to go more slowly for the first half of the trip and end up in the same place at the same time without going any faster than 100Kph." You have to accelerate to 125 Kph to make up for a lost time, hence that acceleration curve going faster than keyframe two. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone else looking I found the answer, You have to make bezier curves for keyframes 1 and 2. Then slide keyframe one earlier in the timeline to allow for the extra time it takes that you are moving at a slower speed and the peak on the curve will drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines