• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Log Footage Noise Correction Ideas

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i am using canon camera with clog-3, and i am applying canon luts from canon website,i have a little noise problem, probably my sensor is small(aps-c) thats the reason. But i want to know that, in color panel can i do something for less noise? (By the way i am posing with gray card,usually 800 base iso and a little over expose as says canon official web site)

There is no problem if i use 8 bit 4:2:0 codec with standard picture profiles. 10 Bit 4:2:2 clog 3 very good but adding noise.I will add here some video samples.I would be very happy, if you have opinion and let me know.Have a nice day.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your footage is noisy, try this:

https://www.neatvideo.com/home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer but i dont want to use plug-in. this noise is not because of iso its because of sensor performance. I dont see problem if i dont add lut in footage so i want to know about is there is some trick in color panel like shadows, blacks or i dont know something for hide that little grains noises

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The noise you are referring to may be artifacting ... there might be an issue with actually getting enough correct data recorded in the higher-bit file. As you note, it's a small sensor and they are pretty much trying to get miracles out of it.

A clip direct from the camera via dropbox or whatever would be useful. I can test that on my setup and give a more useful answer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have now had a chance to load a couple test files onto my system. And bring them up in Premiere. With the Lumetri scopes also 'up' in the Color workspace. Using the Waveform (YC no chroma), Vectorscope, and Parade RGB.

From looking at those files, and comparing the scopes, the exposure of the 8 bit file is about a stop or so more than the 10 bit file.The center of the trace of the 10 bit file is below 40 IRE, which is well low for this image.

I think that is where the noise is coming from, the 10 bit file is somehow getting under-exposed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines