Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing rendered multicam audio waveforms on restart

Enthusiast ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As the title states, I have a multi-camera sequence and I have rendered the audio to show the waveforms, which works fine.

However, if I close and restart Premiere, I lose those previews, every single time. I just get the audio track with a red line through it, and no waveform.

I have my Audio Previews scratch folder set to Same as Project, and I don't see any permissions issues with that folder.

I am on CC 2017.0.2. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Hi rkatelobo,

Sounds like you're having a bout of unexpected behavior with audio waveforms disappearing. My colleagues and I were able to reproduce your error on both Mac and PC. Very sorry for this problem! We are filing a bug and hope to get this fixed ASAP. We appreciate your patience on this while we get the problem fixed. If you have time, could you file a bug from your side, as well? That would be so helpful.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rkatelobo,

Sounds like you're having a bout of unexpected behavior with audio waveforms disappearing. My colleagues and I were able to reproduce your error on both Mac and PC. Very sorry for this problem! We are filing a bug and hope to get this fixed ASAP. We appreciate your patience on this while we get the problem fixed. If you have time, could you file a bug from your side, as well? That would be so helpful.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. I will file a bug on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this "bug" ever been fixed? I am also still having this issue. I am on mac running with premiere pro 2017.1.2..

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still here in 2017.1.2, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, coco,

Sorry. It's hard to give generalized info on multicamera edits since there are often a lot of variables, many of them related to performance and using media, which are not optimized very well. Making sure audio sample rates match is one way to preserve audio data, so that is the first thing I'd try. The second is to consider using lo-res proxies to edit, making the files more nimble. Finally, inspect your system to ensure that it can handle multiple video and audio streams; often, an editor uses an underperforming system, which can also be detrimental to UI displays like waveforms. 

To help you more, I'd need more info, and we could go from there. Would you like me to move your thread out from this legacy post so we can focus on the details? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same issue in Premiere Pro 2022...Just insane...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin - this bug is a real mess - making it impossible to work in a complicated multicam project that was working fine yesterday. Any movement or workarounds on this? I've tried enabling and disabling multicam, clearing cache, rewriting all waveforms, trying to render but being told it will take an hour to render audio on a 6 minute sequence when working with multicams. Any help? Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Any progress being made on this? Six years since your post.

Thanks

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still prtesent. Makes editing multicam footage a pain. So seems like we'll have this bug forever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February, 2018 checking in here. Bug still exists.

I love sitting for 40 minutes while audio re-renders every time I close Premiere.

How long does it take to fix this issue? Apparently a year or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Bug here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really bites!!! I am using a beauty filter from BCC and have been a week on this 24 min training project.  Left my system to render the last of 12 training videos.  Came in this morning to find that ALL or my training video renders were "unrendered".  Is there a way to relink renders that were done earlier in the week?  I know AVID can do that.  This in one thing I really miss about Avid software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed? I'm losing renders every time I reopen a saved and rendered timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution in site... I found eikonoklastes​ file to fix the bug and voted for it. Here's the link for everyone to do it so maybe we can get it fixed by this time next year!!!!

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro?query=Losing%20rendered%20audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December, 2018 here. Bug still exists. This program is supposed to be a professional editing suite but I have no idea how professionals are supposed to work on it when bugs like this go un-fixed for nearly a year, and at least one major release.

This is infuriating. I stick with CC because the other programs in it are pretty good, but Premiere is just a total shit-show. Every release breaks at least one feature that is critical to my workflow, while still failing to fix bugs that were introduced in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to replicate  ... which OS and which version of Pr are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC V13.0 / Win10 64-bit. But this has existed on every previous version of CC I've used.

To replicate:

1. Use "Create Multi-Camera Sequence" to create a multicamera sequence containing 2 or more tracks.

2. Right-click the Multicam sequence and "Open In Timeline".

3. Right-click the Multicam sequence and "New Sequence from Selected".

4. In the "Open In Timeline" panel, apply an audio effect to any clip in the Multicam sequence. Audio previews in the "New Sequence" panel will disappear. This is expected.

5. Click on the "New Sequence" panel. Sequence / Render Audio. Waveforms now reappear.

6. Save the project and close Premiere.

7. Re-open Premiere and re-open the project. Audio waveforms are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone else can pop in with an idea, I'm out the shop for a few days and don't want to go by memories on this one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later, this problem still exists for me (and others apparently).

I'm on Mac OSX 10.13.6 & PrPro 13.0.2

So frustrating. There are a few other quirks with the current build but this has to be one of the most annoying/time consuming. I'm having to add an extra 30 mins of prep time prior to clients showing up just to make sure I have audio when they arrive. So unprofessional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's clearly happening for a few but not many.

Let's get more notice for this ... go to the new bug/features site which is linked from the top of the Overview page of this forum. Post a detailed comment there, as that goes directly to the engineers system and also the upper managers who decide budgets and features and such.

Then post the link back here so others can go comment and vote it up.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and Greetings,

I recently recorded a two-camera shoot with an external audio recording. I brought my files into Premiere CC 2019 and built a multi-cam sequence and everything worked great. I loaded my sequence into the Program monitor with the multi-cam option selected and both shots displayed in the Program Monitor. I then started putting cuts in my clips within the Timeline Panel to trim out unwanted footage. There were 5 takes line on the time and a fair bit of trash to take out, which I did and was still able to keep my audio intact and reduce most of the unwanted footage.

I closed my file to work on it later and when I opened it there is a red line through the middle of my Audio Track and sound only plays on the first clip, after that the audio is no longer present. I have looked online and found this reference to a bug that may be causing this but that thread answer was from 2017

Before performing the above, which included my rendering the audio before starting any edits in the Timeline. If I did not render the audio first I would lose audio to the right of the cut every time but once I rendered the audio i could cut and edit to my heart's content.  My trims were ripple edits switching between the razor tool and the ripple edit tool.

Can anyone shed light on this issue, is it my workflow or the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Circling back on this, this bug is still occuring.  It's Jan. 2020, almost three years after the inital post.  Any update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening here, Sept 2020. I guess that means it takes about 4 years to fix a bug at Adobe? We're on year 3 with no movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines