• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lossless Audio Export?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to export audio from Premiere Pro without compression? There must be a way that I'm missing, but every way I have tried has come out compressed. Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Export , Formats , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on your media choice if export of combined video/audio file.

With intraframe codecs like Cineform, DNx, and ProRes, you always have uncompressed choices.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to output audio only, the file size can be anything. It's going to mastering from me. Everything I have tried so far has output with compressed waveforms despite codecs labeled "uncompressed"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything I have tried so far has output with compressed waveforms despite codecs labeled "uncompressed"

By @defaultiekoyqlm81ti

What have you tried?

Choosing Waveform Audio or AIFF as Format will give you uncompressed audio and no video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time! - take a look at this screen shot of the same file in Audacity two different ways. The original has lots of red where its peaking, then you can see the output of that file (no effects, nada, just the raw original output from Premiere) no matter what format I use to output tthe waveforms are clearly compressed as seen in this picture, with shorter highs, resulting in a muddier file for the mastering to deal with.

Surely there is an answer I have overlooked

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Surely there is an answer I have overlooked

By @defaultiekoyqlm81ti

-How did you export it and what settings did you use?
-Premiere Pro version?

I notice that the audio files has different sample rates, iow one is 48 kHz while the other is 44.1 kHz. Make sure to export with the same setting as the original audio. Check the faders in the Audio Clip Mixer and the Audio Track Mixer as well to make sure that none of the faders has been touched.

What happens if you create a brand new project and import the original audio file and then export that file to a new audio file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines