• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Made Ingest Preset in Media Encoder but Premiere calls it an Encoding Preset when importing

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at a loss and hoping someone here has a solution!
I'm trying to make a proxy setting for video that was shot vertically. I followed an Adobe Support Community post about how to do it, but every time I go to import it, Premiere says it's wrong. I've confirmed I'm creating the kind of preset setting that's required, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Fully up to date on both Premiere and Media Encoder.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like an export setting. I just went through the steps, and it worked for me.

Please describe the steps you took to create the ingest preset, at least the first few steps.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange! This has been my steps:

1. Open Media Encoder

2. Click the + button in the Preset Browser window, select Create Ingest Preset
3. Created preset using ProRes 422 Proxy, unchecked Match Source to create a 1080x1920 size. Everything else left alone.

4. Click Ok, see preset saved in Media Encoder

5. Right click name of new preset, click Export Presets. Save the file.

6. Open Premiere

7. Right click video clips I want, say click Create Proxies

8. Click Add Ingest Preset button from Create Proxies window

9. Receive error message that it's not the right kind of preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 4, in AME, for that new Ingest preset, what does it say under Format? Mine says "Ingest (...)"

Step 3, what are you doing to get to a Match Source parameter? In my Ingest preset, I can pick transcode presets, but I don't have a create a new one.

Step 3, "everything else": what kind of Transfer are you specifying?

Step 5/8. Instead of exporting from AME, try picking it directly from the AME presets (I'm windows, and they are at documents/adobe/premiere pro/23 (my current version)/presets.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the help document I am looking at:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/ingest-proxy-workflow.html

Under Create an Ingest Preset, step 1 is optional - to create a new Export preset. This is where I would expect to make a modification to set vertical frame.

Step 5 is where you pick a preset, including one you have created previously or in Step 1. So I assumed you can't change the frame as part of the actual Ingest preset creation.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process of creating ingest presets has been unnecessarily cumbersome for a while.  While I don't doubt that there have been perfectly valid reasons for it, it's time for Adobe to make it simpler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A lot of us have felt that this should be a simpler process for a LONG time. I'll be at NAB again next month, and again, this will be high on my list of issues to talk with every manager & dev in attendance. I hope others there do the same.

The current process ... create an encoding preset in Me, after figuring out how to set audio channels & all the other details ... then still in Me, create an Ingest preset, using your just-created encoding preset ( a process also not as obvious as it should be even IF we have to do it!) ... then in Premiere, add the new Ingest preset by hunting for wherever it is on the machine.

What a ... not easy ... process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines