• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Markers missing after last update!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Premiere CC to the latest (Version 12.1.0 | Build 186) all the markers on the timeline are missing.
Marking them in again, I switched between sequences and upon returning they had disappeared again. !

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Juli,

Please update Premiere Pro. This was fixed in 12.1.2, I believe.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo 12.1.2 is coming.... SOON???? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry. There will just be more bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also hoping we get an update soon. I have never opened a sequence in source monitor and my issue still falls in line with the rest otherwise.

The "disappearing" seems to happen mid-edit. In two instances now, they disappeared while the timeline was open, but usually they don't "disappear" until I re-open the project. Check auto-saves and they've been gone for over an hour's worth of work and just visually lying to me, basically.

I've also had an issue where making new markers don't appear on the timeline at all - only program monitor - until I make "enough" (arbitrary amount) and suddenly they all appear on the proper timeline.

And the Markers panel itself has not shown any markers from a sequence in a long time. Select sequence on timeline, select it in bin, directly select a marker itself, it does not show anything.

I've tried reinstalling, deleting cache, tearing my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EposVox  wrote

Select sequence on timeline, select it in bin, directly select a marker itself, it does not show anything.

Odd. And yes, that sounds like the sort of behavior being described. I am assuming the fix addresses a more general issue with how markers are being handled, so I'm hoping your issue will be fixed.

Marker panel is working for me. 2018.1.1, Win 10.

If clip selected in timeline, the clip markers are in the markers panel.

If click any empty area in sequence, sequence markers show in marker panel.

If select sequence A in project panel, then click on markers panel, it shows sequence markers for sequence A, even if sequence B is showing on timeline. (I assume that is correct behavior.)

If I then click in empty space in timeline that is showing (sequence B), then the marker panel changes to show sequence markers for sequence B.

If I click on the sequence marker itself in the timeline, it selects that marker in the marker panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere markers not right.png

Screenshot example of it being weird.

The markers shown in the markers panel don't exist... anywhere. Not in a clip, not in a sequence and definitely not in the selected/active sequences. Meanwhile the ACTUAL markers are not shown at all. And can almost 100% guarantee all of the markers I make now in that timeline will either vanish in 30 minutes while editing or next time I open the project they will be gone. Fun stuff.

EDIT: I finally caught it on video! Pay close attention to the Program Monitor (top-right) versus the timeline. You can see the exact moment ALL of my existing markers get wiped from the save file (i.e. Program Monitor) and the new marker pops onto the Program Monitor but not the timeline. Also the Markers Panel itself is still showing a bunch of nonsense markers that have literally never existed in this project - CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Markers getting wiped in Premiere - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though you are not opening in the source monitor, the behavior you are seeing is the type of problems that are the result. I can't create it without opening in the source monitor. Because it is otherwise similar, I hope the update fixes it!

Good catch in the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the next update is when?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But will the markers that disappeared in these projects re appear again or are they gone forever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KeithHopkin  wrote

But will the markers that disappeared in these projects re appear again or are they gone forever?

Once they disappear, they are gone.

You can use the workaround to get sequence markers back, based on the last backup you have.

The best option is to use the workaround before opening a sequence with markers in the source monitor.

The workaround:

Make sure you have backups! DO NOT open your sequence in the source monitor. Duplicate the sequence, open the duplicate in the source monitor, and copy/paste all the clips from the original to the duplicate (with the "Copy/paste includes Sequence Markers" selected). Opening the original sequence in the source monitor will still delete the markers; but the duplicate sequence now has markers that will not be deleted if opened again in the source monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from 12.0.1 > 12.1.1 and my markers disappeared in the project I was working on. Nice job Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had success with a work around throughout the duration of a project and wanted to share.  Instead of adding markers to a timeline sequence, I simply added a long dummy audio clip that stretched the duration of my project and added my markers to the audio clip.  They seemed to work the same with changing colors and adding notes.  They did not disappear like timeline markers did.  I'll try it again on another project and update if it does not work for some reason, but this is my work around right now.  Thanks, and good luck.  (By the way, Adobe's response to this is laughable.  Grow a pair of balls, Adobe, and own a huge mistake that inhibits the cost-intensive workflow of your patrons.  MAN UP!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the workaround.

I'm not sure what you mean about Adobe. They acknowledged a bug, and that a fix will be in the next update.

Yes, a very frustrating bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, glad to hear it.  In the first few months of the issue they would never admit to me that there was a bug, always blamed it on my hardware or setup in support chats and phone calls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for drawing my attention to this thread. This is the exact problem I was talking about, but this thread isn't one I'd seen before. So if I'm reading correctly, and @tester543 is saying this bug (sequence markers disappearing) will be addressed in the next update. Again, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Does the NEW 12.1.2 solve the marker issues?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey PBMarc, I'm going to try it with a new project today and I'll update this thread after a few hours of working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I identified 2 different marker issues in 2018.1.1. The one in this thread addresses sequence markers. Tester543 (staff) described it as "sequence markers / opening the sequence in the source monitor and having the markers get out of sync and disappear." They reported a fix for that and believed the other issue (clip markers) would also be fixed.

I just tested the sequence markers. It is fixed.

I created a new 2018.1.2 project and added a clip. It should not matter, but to test clip markers later, I turned off the first 3 xmp selections in Preferences -> Media and used a clip with no markers in it. I created a sequence using the new icon, and added a couple sequence markers. I opened the sequence in the source monitor. The markers remained, and were synced in the source monitor, program monitor, and timeline. I added a couple more sequence markers in the program monitor and the timeline. They all remain synced immediately. I saved, closed, and reopened the project. All okay.

The reports of no response to keyboard commands moving between markers were due to the marker displays not being synced to the actual markers. So all of that works correctly now too.

In the clip marker issue, I was unable to replicate the problem. So I'm not sure how to test. I have 2017 to use for tests, but I don't have 2018.0 or 2018.0.1, just 2018.1.1 and 2018.1.2. Let me know if I can use 2017 to test.

A thread primarily about the clip markers is here.

Re: CC2018: Markers Disappeared...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had sequence markers disappear regularly just when moving my timeline into another panel to begin pancake editing. So irritating because I mark up all my footage, and interviews with the various topics covered and then use that as reference to select takes.

It happened just now and meant I was having to re-watch a lot of footage to find the clips I need. SO frustrating and time wasting.

Has anyone else experienced this and did the upgrade fix it?

I'm on PP CC 12.1.0, build 186

Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is fixed in PR 2018.1.2.

See my post above that describes the workaround to avoid losing markers and to recover markers where possible.

Re: Markers missing after last update!

Note that "moving my timeline into another panel" is what is described in the workaround as "opening a sequence in the source monitor."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in 12.1.1 and it's mostly been working fine. I had been making markers on clips in the Source window on a project which I last worked on just 10 days ago. This morning I opened the project and ALL of my markers are gone on those clips. Markers made back in August are still there, just the ones made in October are gone. I don't want to upgrade to whatever new version there is since I have multiple projects I am working on and I don't want whatever new version to cause different bugs on other projects. Are they totally lost? Or is there any fix? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juli,

Please update Premiere Pro. This was fixed in 12.1.2, I believe.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure these were markers on clips? And not on sequences or merged clips?

There was a fix for sequence markers. You may or may not be able to get them back. We can help you get them back if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in version 12.1.2 and as I was editing markers on source clips that I had spent a couple hours placing suddenly disappeared.

Never had this issue before. Strange and super unproductive..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines