• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Markers not scaling with frame when I use Time remapping

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I can get a response because this problem is driving me insane and if there's no fix then that's very inconvenient for me.

Basically, I have these markers on my videos (on the timeline) to match very specific frames.

However, when I try to time remap using the Time Remapping tool, my markers stay in the same location but my frames are moving elsewhere on the timeline as the video extends.

I will attach some screenshots to hopefully better describe it.

Annotation 2020-06-23 184823.pngAnnotation 2020-06-23 184925.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bro did you get solution im also suffering from this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. Timeremapping only affects a small portion of a clip.

If you were to change the duration of a clip then yes the markers would move as the speed change affects the entire clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you are saying that if I use time remapping to speed up a clip to 200% the clip markers would not move. And I'm not talking about a portion of a clip, it does this even if only use one keyframe for the time remapping effect.

But if I use the "speed/duration" dialog box and put the same 200% speed they would move. 

How does this make sense? I would assume premiere would calculate the length change of the clip with the remapping effect and move the clip accordingly. Is this so hard?

It is very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're seeing are markers on the sequence, those don't change as your sequence hasn't changed, just the clip in it. So, modifying the speed of the clip will not shift them at all I don't believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, he is using clip markers. They should move with the speed change and they do, just not when using time remapping

You are correct that sequence markers would not move because those do not live on the clip itself but "above" on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with me pls help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines