Exit

Mask tracker hung or stuck in progress bar on basic shape

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thanks for your time. 

Like the title says, I'm just trying to track a basic circle shape on a city scape. The progess bar appears, then stops or gets hung. Any ideas?

Thanks, 

G

Latest update of Premier Pro CC installed. Running off an external SSD, Macbook pro 16 inch 2019 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core I7. Memory 16 GB. Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB.

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

I just found a solution to this - I saw on a Reddit thread, tested it, it worked - Take the clip in question, edit the speed, then return it to normal - I changed the speed to 200%, then changed it right back to 100% - then I re-ran the mask auto-detect tracking, and it worked. It didn't get stuck. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Hi! I had this same problem and I found a solution for me. Others may be able to find this helps them as well. 

1. Apply a mosaic effect to the clip
  2. Create your mask
  3. Track forward (or backward)
  4. Copy the mask (select the Mask (1) layer and then use cmd+C on Mac or right click and select 'copy')
  5. Apply the gaussian blur effect to your clip
  6. Paste the mask on to the gaussian blur effect (all the keyframes should now appear)
  7. Delete the mosaic effect

My goal: Blur faces of people passing by in interview

My probl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

I am late to this, as i am fairly new to Premiere Pro, trying to learn Color Correction/Grading and it drive me nut, as when i started to play with 1-2 weeks ago was all fine, then since a few days it started doing this. Then all of a sudden i realised what i did differently, as an habbit to work in After-Effects to speed preview, i had lower Preview Resolution set on the first 2 clicps i explored masking as it was having preview lag, and now i had it at full since clisp are faster, so i did a t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... I have the latest update on my Macbook Pro 14" with M1 Pro.

I tried to apply a simple rectangular Mask for the Tint effect, as soon as i click the "Track selected mask forward" button the progress bar appears but it stays stuck forever (see attached screenshots)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I too have the latest update on my MacBook Pro 16" with M1. I applied a simple circular mask with Gaussian blur, and it just stays stuck at "progress". The bar gets to completely full, then just sits there indefinitely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a solution to this - I saw on a Reddit thread, tested it, it worked - Take the clip in question, edit the speed, then return it to normal - I changed the speed to 200%, then changed it right back to 100% - then I re-ran the mask auto-detect tracking, and it worked. It didn't get stuck. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but this solution doesn't seem to solve the problem for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on PC. Latest version.  Tracking just hangs forever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This totally worked for me! Thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I had this same problem and I found a solution for me. Others may be able to find this helps them as well. 

1. Apply a mosaic effect to the clip
  2. Create your mask
  3. Track forward (or backward)
  4. Copy the mask (select the Mask (1) layer and then use cmd+C on Mac or right click and select 'copy')
  5. Apply the gaussian blur effect to your clip
  6. Paste the mask on to the gaussian blur effect (all the keyframes should now appear)
  7. Delete the mosaic effect

My goal: Blur faces of people passing by in interview

My problem: The progress bar would freeze when trying to apply mask tracking to gaussian blur effect in PremierePro 2023 on MacBook Pro. No keyframes were being created. 

My work around: Create a tracking mask using the mosaic instead of gaussian blur. Copy and paste the mask onto a gaussian blur effect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet, this worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am late to this, as i am fairly new to Premiere Pro, trying to learn Color Correction/Grading and it drive me nut, as when i started to play with 1-2 weeks ago was all fine, then since a few days it started doing this. Then all of a sudden i realised what i did differently, as an habbit to work in After-Effects to speed preview, i had lower Preview Resolution set on the first 2 clicps i explored masking as it was having preview lag, and now i had it at full since clisp are faster, so i did a test.

When Preview Resoltuion is set at Full or 1/2, mask trackign stops, as if, running out or memory or not too sure. But when i drop it to 1/8, tracking goes all teh way through. Did a few test back and forth, delete my mask keydrames, retried, raising Preview Res to 1/2 or Full, tracked, it stoped, deleted the maks keyframes, dropes PRev. Res to 1/8, tracked all teh way  through, rinse and repeat a few times and each time same result. So long story short on my side, 1/8 preview res. gives me no issue with Mask Tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! That was the only thing that worked for me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines