• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking using Circle effect leaves background black but I need it transparent to show other video

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed a screen recording in my timeline and placed a video of me talking over the screen recording explaining what I was doing (for a tutorial). I wanted to get a perfect circle crop of my face talking so I used Effects > Video Effects > Obsolete > Circle. I then adjusted the radius and the positioning so that it created a perfect circle. The issue now is that everywhere that isn't that circle is pitch black. I need that part to be transparent so the video underneath shows. How do I do this? 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Hi HannahBrown593,

It seems like you have applied the effect on the adjustment layer. Please try applying the effect with the same parameters on the video where you are talking about the screen recording. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

As Summeet said, also you can nest all of the clips at the top and apply that mask to the nested sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HannahBrown593,

It seems like you have applied the effect on the adjustment layer. Please try applying the effect with the same parameters on the video where you are talking about the screen recording. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Summeet said, also you can nest all of the clips at the top and apply that mask to the nested sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please let us know if the answers given have helped you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines