• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match Frame broken in Premiere Pro CC?

Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So match frame works in CS6, but in Premiere Pro CC, there are a couple odd things happening for me.  When pressing F the Source panel will exibits any one of a few different behaviors (seems entirely random):

1.  A black frame

2.  The correct clip, but not the correct (matched) frame.

3.  Occassionally the correct (matched) frame (usually only the first time I use Match Frame on any given clip in my sequence).  All subsequent Match Frame commands while on the same clip in the sequence will not update to match Source with Program, they'll either stay on the first matched frame for that clip, or go black.

You can still drag the audio (or video) portion from the Source panel to the timeline and it will be the correct portion of audio (or video), but actually "matching" a frame seems broken in Premiere Pro CC (again, it works in CS6).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merged clips?  I had the same trouble with mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it on any Merged clips, per se, but I've had other issues with merged clips.  I noticed the Match Frame problem with just a few clips from a camcorder with audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen it yet with straight clips, and the problem was intermittent on my machine.  I now can't get it to trip up at all.  Not sure what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing. Sometimes it still works. I haven't really been able to determine a pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all just wanted to say that apparently you need to select the track that the clip is on you are trying to match frame and then place the CTI over the clip you want to do it to. Doesnt seem to matter which clip is selected or not, all seems to depend solely on which track is selected (The top most track takes priority if multiple tracks are selected)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's always been true with Match Frame, and in my case was not the issue when I had the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.  That much is understood.  However, what I'm experiencing is different.  I've determined it is only happening to some clips.  Others work as intended (as you've described).  I wish I had time to get sidetracked today and post a video of what's happening.  It'll have to wait until I'm wrapped up with my current multi-cam project (due last week). 

I know, I know.  My bad for using Premiere Pro CC on a real-world project with a real-world deadline.  Lesson learned.

In the mean time, if anyone wants to try reproducing this bug, here's what I know about my footage:

h.264 footage MP4, MOV shot on a Canon EOS 7D.  No external audio recorder, just a mic on top of the camera, plugged into the camera.

Most clips work properly with Match Frame.  Some do not.

Interestingly, the clips that have the problem are the SAME clips that do not have the problem (once on the timeline, is there a way to tell which is a subclip, merged clip, etc?  Probably.  No time to investigate.  I shouldn't even be spending time writing this post.  lol.)

Play around with different clips and subclips of the same clip on the timeline.  I believe what I have going is several subclips of the same clip on the timeline.  Unless I missed one or two, I've set them all up with "soft" handles (new feature in CC).

Perhaps what is happening in the "black" Match Frame clip is that the Match Frame is saying, "OK, we have a subclip on the timeline that starts at 0 seconds and 14 frames.  So then when I do the match frame (of this "soft" subclip) the software is saying, let's find this clip and jump to 00:00:00:14 of the master clip and place it in the Source monitor.

Is this a bug?  I'm not sure that's what is happening, but hopefully that gives someone else a starting point to try to reproduce the behavior.

I'll post a video if/when I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just wanted to confirm that match frame is indeed broken in cc.

I'm working with sony 4k mxf files that were merged with wav audio files and none of my clips in my project will match frame back correctly.

I'm loving the latest premiere and it's improvements but this bug has to be fixed fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with...files that were merged

That seems to be the issue, I think.  I went back to my project with Merged clips and Match had issues again.  Seems to work just fine on single clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can second that notion.

I too am working with merged clips. match frame is broken with merged clips and works with original clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC.  No recent updates to install, unfortunately.  Windows 7 Professional.  64-bit.  Source footage:  .MOV from Canon EOS-7D.  No error message.  The program acts as if it has done the right thing (but it hasn't).  I'm not running any other software, but I have a few other things installed:  Microsoft Office, RedGiant PluralEyes 3.0, Camtasia 8.0, Snagit 9 and a few other minor utilities such as Beyond Compare 3 and AusLogistics Defrag, etc.  I'm careful not to install much, if anything, that I don't need for editing.  Most of my codecs come as part of Premiere.  I have Flash installed for Chrome (and maybe for Internet Explorer).  I have Firefox, but I don't have Flash installed for that.  I also have installed Quicktime Pro 7.7.3 (1680.64).  I don't run Java on this machine at all.

My computer hardware:

Asus G75VX running Windows 7.  i7-3630qm processor.  NVIDIA GTX-670MX with 3GB DDR5.  Driver is 311.  My system does not accept drivers from NVIDIA due to something about Optima being turned off by Asus in this laptop.  So drivers come from Asus support page when they are ready—usually several versions behind.  Samsung 840 Pro SSD (though I don't see how that would play into the equation).  16GB RAM.

I am using the Mercury Playback on GPU (but I've tried without to see if it would fix the issue.  It doesn't).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using version 14.9 of premiere and I'm having match frame issues. Some clips on my timeline do not want to match frame. Sometimes the clips match frame on other desktops but sometimes they done. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, there's no pattern.  My project does have some attempted merged clips in it, but the match frame issue can happen on merged or "regular" clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my info:

I'm using the latest mac version of premiere cc

MBP-osx 10.8.4

file type: sony raw 4k (mxf)

plugin in premiere- sony raw

not using mercury playback

this project originated in premiere cs6 and the match frame worked fine.

when the project was opened in cc7, all of the merged clips relinked with no problems.

currently there's no match frame capabilites with any merged clips. match frame works fine with original clips. Also, I'm at a loss as to how I can reveal the actual timecode of these merged clips. I thought I could just reveal the timecode number and match back to that but I'm a bit lost as to how to find the real timecode of the video portion of the merged clip.

This is a large project with all of the media being turned into merged clips due to secondary audio recording.

i'd go back to cs6 but it appears that cc7 has made working with the sony raw files much more stable. the problem working in cs6 is that sony raw 4k files cause premiere to be unstable and crash the program quite often. I'm hoping that a patch will be released soon.

it's virtually impossible to edit without matchframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another thing in regards to broken match frame:

I've added some new clips into my cc project and merged those clips with secondary audio. if i then put those on my timeline, they too will not match frame back correctly.

It sure seems as though the merging process is breaking the match frame option. When I try to match frame it goes to a random frame in the source clip. and if I try again it'll change to another random frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi exile,

It's working perfectly for me, but I'm on Mac. Is everyone on this thread on PCs?

Edit: I see a Mac user. We have an updated version of Premiere Pro coming out soon. Hopefully, this will solve this problem. Stand by for that.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 here.

Works fine on single clips.  Works sporadically on merged AVCHD/WAV clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm on mac.

I just noticed that there's an updated sony raw plugin for premiere. I installed the update but nothing has changed.

On my system, premiere can't match frame any merged clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi exile,

You might try installing the update for Premiere Pro CC (7.0.1) that was just released. Then report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin. Yep. I'm on a Mac. I can confirm that the problem only seems to occur with merged clips. Match Frame simply goes to the wrong frame. My clips are H.264 QuickTime merged with WAV audio. I'm on CC and Mac OS 10.8.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dax,

Let us know if installing the new update has solved the issue. It was just released a few minutes ago.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed. My professional life saved.

Yay!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exile1972 wrote:

Fixed. My professional life saved.

Yay!!

Woohoo!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines